Chapter Nine

Harry was the epitome of a pureblooded wizard as he strode across the marble floor, focusing on one goblin. Behind him was a nervous but excited Draco Malfoy and an astounded Lucius Malfoy.

The goblin looked up when Harry approached and said in a nasally tone, "What can I do for you, Mr. Malfoy?"

"I am escorting Mr. Potter," Lucius said stiffly. The goblin's eyes narrowed.

"And what can I do for Mr. Potter?"

"Greetings, sir goblin," Harry said in a silky but warning tone. The goblin raised an eyebrow at him. "I have been informed that Gringotts has been attempting to contact me, but have failed. I also have other business to discuss."

The goblin grinned, showing off his pointy teeth. Draco shuddered behind Harry. "Ah, yes. I return your greetings, sir wizard. I will take you to Swordbreaker, your accounts manager. What is your other business?"

"I need a ritual to remove some... unwanted magic inhibiting mine, sir goblin," Harry said vaguely.

The goblin gave him a faintly alarmed look and lowered his voice. "Blocks and compulsions?"

"And controlling potions, sir goblin," Harry agreed.

Instantly, the goblin leapt off of the stool and went over to another goblin, who was standing in the corner keeping an eye on all the customers. After a few minutes of alarmed whispering, the goblin in the corner turned and shouted, "Stormeye!"

After a pause, a smaller goblin ⎯ and a female ⎯ appeared behind them, looking worried. "Yes?"

"Follow me and Stormeye, sir wizard," the goblin who had been helping Harry called to him.

Harry glanced at Draco and Lucius and said, "Wait for me here." Then he walked over to the three goblins.

He was led into one of the back doors, where there was another tunnel, but this one had several doors: double and single, painted several different colors. They passed several doors before the goblin helping Harry stopped, turned, and knocked on a jet black door.

"Enter," said a deep, sharp voice. The goblin opened the door, revealing a desk and yet another goblin.

"Ah, Mr. Potter," the goblin in the office said briskly. "Stormeye."

"Greetings, sir goblin," Harry replied as he walked inside. "I was told you were attempting to contact me, but the letters were intercepted?"

"Greetings, sir wizard," the goblin replied, eyes glittering. "Please sit. Why was Healer Stormeye summoned?"

Harry glanced at the goblin at the door as Stormeye came in and sat down beside Harry. The teller goblin nodded and shut the door.

Once he was sure no one would listen in, he turned back to his account manager. "I have recently discovered that my magic is being inhibited by compulsions, blocks, and controlling potions, as well as a Horcrux and a love potion." He wrinkled his nose.

The goblin ⎯ Swordbreaker ⎯ paled dramatically. "We should remove those at once," he said quickly, pulling a piece of parchment from his desk. "Three drops of blood, sir wizard."

"You may address me as Harry," Harry said absentmindedly as he pulled out his potions dagger and pricked his finger. He squeezed the required amount of blood onto the paper and waited.

Soon, words began to appear:

Magic Aura of H.J.P.:

Level: 4000 (80% blocked)

Creature: Unknown (50% blocked)

Mate: Unknown (100% blocked)

Animagusi (Dragon, Welsh Green)(Snake, Anaconda) (100% blocked)