Chapter 5: Where Everything Begins

A/N: Hi, I'm back with another chapter!!! Stay safe and stay at home as much as possible. Also, I decided to change one part of the summary, so instead of the capture targets chasing her, they are chasing the rivals of the heroine. Lastly, I appreciate y'all like always ( ╥ω╥ ) 

✿✿✿✿

After 6 years of meeting the capture targets, all of us have gotten closer, the capture targets feel more like older brothers than friends. They treat me like I am not a few years younger than them, I also have gotten close with Xander's younger sister, Zara, who is a cannon fodder. Zara and I are the same age, she's the type of people who are not afraid to speak her mind, I admire her a lot. Her appearance is similar to Xander, but she gives off a soft and fluffy vibe rather than an arrogant and cocky vibe like Xander. Also, her fiancé is no other than, dun dun!!! River Harlow, they both fit each other perfectly, I guess the heroine interfered with him too much that Zara and his hip stop sailing o('^`)o

  When I turned 11, A gave me a letter saying he had to go back to the capital and to start going to the academy and also to finish his apprenticeship. Before he left I gave him a promise ring with our initials and we promised to meet up with each other again. We wrote letters to each other occasionally but it felt better to talk to him in person. It's less entertaining without him but things are getting more interesting with the capture targets. Millie helped me put on my uniform, this year will be my 2nd year going to the academy. It is almost time that the game is about to begin...

"See you two during the weekends, take care of yourselves and see you tonight, Knox," Mother greeted us out the door with Father standing beside her. 

Knox, Luca, and I got into the carriage, I promised to meet up with Zara at the school gate. 

"So Big Brother Knox, how does it feel to have been working with the Crown Prince ever since your third year? How does he look like?" I asked out of curiosity, turning to look at him. 

"He is an intelligent person, generous, but also a great leader, why are you interested in him?" Knox answered. 

"No way, you can't have feelings for the Crown Prince, he may be like everything Brother Knox said but did you also know that he's a player, don't fall for it, Iris!!!" Luca looked at me horrified, crossing his arms in an x shape. He was also shaking me and hugged me. 

"Keep your hands to yourself Luca, what if Iris got hurt?" Knox put his documents down and split Luca from me and instead took me to his side. 

"Hmph, you're just jealous Iris loves me more," Luca stuck his tongue out.

"Nuh uh, she loves me more," Knox responded letting me out of his arms. 

"Nuh uh"

"Yuh huh" 

They went back and forth.

"Stop you two, I love both of you equally," I stepped in their childish back and forths.

"Awww, you love us," they both turned and look at me.

I imagined dog ears on them when they looked at me. Instead of responding back to both of them I turned towards the window and looked at the view. The carriage dropped us off and Knox said goodbye to us, I walked towards the school gate with Luca in tow behind me, We got closer to the gates and there I saw Zara and Xander along with River. Oh ho ho (♡'艸') from what I see from my view I see Zara and River holding hands and a pissed looking Xander, Zara and River are blushing. Things are turning out different already before the game started, I wonder how things will turn out. 

"ZARA!!!" I yelled excitingly running towards them. 

I grabbed her hands away from River and hugged her, I looked to my side to see an unstisfied River.  

"Iris!!!" she said happily, hugging me back. 

Zion and Kyle met up with us also by the gates, the ceremony was starting, we went to the theater helping Zara along the way, and were stuck there for at least half an hour. The student council also spoke on stage and those were non-other than, you guessed it, the capture targets. The students were dismissed to class, Zara, River, and I was in the same class, well pretty obvious since we were sophomores. The three of us were sitting together, I was by the window, Zara was in the middle, and River was by the edge. I couldn't seem to spot the heroine, hmm must be late and even worse on the first day. The class was starting and the teacher was role calling, "unexpectedly" the heroine slid the door open with a bam. 

"Well, well, guess who's late on the first day of school," the teacher raised her right eyebrow. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I was distracted on the way here!!!" she shouted, repeatedly bowing.

So this where the game begins, interesting, I don't ever recall the heroine being this loud. In the game, it said she was timid and was bullied around by the villainess and love rivals. Her timidness was the reason for her success in getting the capture targets, River better not fall for her since he has Zara right now, same goes for the others. Huh let us see what the future beholds us and if I will get my peaceful ending or not ┐(○`ε'○)┌

✿✿✿✿

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Lately ever since quarantine started I have been staying up late and posting early in the morning, I'm so tired, I need help, oh well (。T ω T。)