Chapter 16: In the Kitchen

A/N: Here's another chapter! Sorry I haven't update for such a long time, I have a lot homework to do and especially since I'm a junior I have to focus on my grades more, these past few months I also been going through a lot such as losing a friend due to stupid reasons, but anyways thank you for staying and enjoying this book! Stay safe everyone! 。゚ヽ(゚'Д`)ノ゚。

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

I talked to Mother and Father this morning and we decided to let the people I brought home to not work for at least two weeks so they can learn the outlay of the mansion and everything inside the estate, but also to gain the trust of the other servants. During those two weeks I also decided to provide education to help them and I also gave the same options for the servants. I was thinking to employ some of them to help me out when I start my business since it is more helpful and easier. I also have to go search for good merchants and craftsman's.

Now that I think about it I haven't been hearing news from that  "God of Transmigration," Lan. I wonder what type of tricks does he have up his paws. I shouldn't jinx it just in case I get knocked out again, but he wouldn't do that right? He said that he'll come visit in my dreams, never mind about that, I could worry about him later.

I walked to my room with Millie behind me after the conversation with Mother and Father. I opened the door and sat down at my desk, right now I need to brainstorm about what to start for a business and what I am good at, think... think, maybe opening a bakery/candy shop could be a good idea. It may seem simple but I have to come up with recipes that haven't been made here yet and by coming up I mean by using my memories of recipes from my past life; or maybe I could just make things more tastier? I was pretty good at baking and cooking in my past life. Ahhh... I wonder if the officials figured out who caused all the commotion yesterday during the festival.

I got up and walked towards the door, "Alright Millie, let's go to the kitchen."

"Alright, Young Miss," she responded.

We got to the kitchen and I felt a sense of nostalgia, I haven't been to the kitchen ever since I came here. Everyone in the kitchen greeted me, I talked to the kitchen staff and asked them if I could use part of the kitchen for a few hours. Of course they would agree without me asking, but always asking first is good manners. First recipe I should try is castella cake, which have pretty simple ingredients that this kingdom should have. The second recipe I could try is caramel custard, which also has simple ingredients. I'm not a professional at making sweets but I have a talent for it, maybe I should add some sponge cake, cookies, and cheesecake since those are also pretty simple. While baking I started to hum quietly,since  I don't wanna accidentally scare someone or disturb the other chefs. I remembered in my past life when I was baking my siblings would come help me or just start eating the sweets when they heard me humming in the kitchen. Shit I feel like crying and I miss them so much, but it's alright I have a family here too that is loving.

Maybe it was me humming and baking that I didn't pay attention to my surroundings, but I didn't notice two children beside me and by children I meant the twins I brought home yesterday. The only reason I snapped back to reality was when I saw a small hand try to reach for a cookie, I looked beside me and saw the the twins standing there almost shying away when I was staring at them in surprise. They looked embarrassed that they got caught, ahhh I can't the cuteness is too dangerous, my heart can't handle the cuteness overload.

"Here, it's still hot so hold it with this napkin," I handed both of them cookies.

They both took it and ran away and hid behind the counter, the way they act reminds me of cats.

"It's alright, I won't hurt you, it's quite dangerous over there come over here," I crouched down and I try to lure them again, but this time with caramel custard.

They both slowly came out behind the counter and took the caramel custard from my hands. Last time I saw them, they were both not this shy and they were more cautious yesterday. I wonder where they are from because they both have unique features that would be consider rare her, there was a kingdom that has the same features as them but sadly they fell into ruin and poverty after these few past few years.

"So how did you two get in here?" I questioned.

Silence...

"Ahhh alright, it's okay you don't have to trust me, but be careful coming in here" I said and went back to work.

I felt a tug and looked down to see the twins, I looked at the with a question mark on my face.

"Thank you for saving us," they said before running away.

Oh no my heart can't take this overload of cuteness (つд`)

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

A/N: So that's the end of the chapter, I hope y'all enjoyed it. I don't know if I might be posting anytime sooner but I'll try my best! Thank you and have a wonderful day! (◕ ˬ ◕✿)