Chapter 12: Before the Festival

A/N: I haven't been really motivated to write anything but anyways like always I appreciate you for reading this book anyways stay safe!!! ♡ඩ⌔ඩ♡ 

✿✿✿✿

Time went by slowly and took forever for night to come. I haven't mentioned going out to anyone yet except for Millie. I think that Mother and Father already figured out that I was going to be going out while Knox and Luca are kind of clueless. It's a good thing that Knox and Luca haven't found out yet, it would be more difficult if they both found out and try to go with me. 

I have been keeping a journal with me and writing things down events that did and did not happen in the game. I also have been writing down future events that are to come but of course I have been writing them in Chinese to make sure no one could be able to read it if it was ever stolen. I can't really trust anyone here, I don't know if they transmigrated here or not especially since the heroine claimed she transmigrated. 

"Young Miss, may I enter?" Millie knocked on the door. 

"Enter," I answered. 

"I brought some snacks," Millie open the door. 

"Thank you Millie," I started to put my things away. 

"We have 4 more hours before we can leave Young Miss, is there anything you want to do?" Millie asked. 

"Hmm I guess I'll take a walk in the garden for now then, let's bring the snacks while we're at it," I told her. 

"Alright," Millie took the tray. 

I walked through the garden with Millie behind me and headed straight towards the plaza that no one really used. I guess I have to probably just wait here for another hour or two before I can get ready. 

"Young Miss is there anything you want to do?" Millie asked. 

"I'm not sure at this point," I pouted. 

Back in modern day there would be more things I would be able to do. I miss technology ( ; ᴗ ; ).

Ahh wait I remember I ordered two hagoita and a hane from a craftsman to be able to play Hanetsuki.

A/N: hagoita is a rectangular wooden paddle, hane is a shuttlecock, and Hanetsuki is a traditional Japanese game that's similar to badminton just in case you didn't know. Also I didn't go into full detail so you can search it up if you want to know more. 

"Millie let me go grab something from my room and bring it here for us to play," I got up and ran to my room. 

I got to my room and opened the box where I putted the stuff and ran back out to the garden.

"Millie I got the stuff," I shouted. 

"What are those stuff?" she questioned.

"Materials that we're gonna use for a game," I took out the things from the box. 

"What?" she tilted her head.

"Don't worry I'll tell you the rules," I laughed. 

"Are you sure I'll be able to play this?" she asked. 

"Don't worry you'll be fine, you'll become a natural soon," I reassured her. 

"Alright, I'll trust you," Millie said. 

I explained to her how to play and the rules. 

"You got the hang of it, you can do it hit it back," I encouraged her. 

"Really!? That makes me happy," she smiled and hit the hane back. 

It took a long time for the hane to fall, Millie was really good at this even though she just learned not long ago. I didn't know that she was this athletic and flexible, it makes it harder to repeatedly hit it. 

"What are you guys playing?" Luca asked. 

"Huh?" I looked at him. 

I wasn't paying attention so the hane fell right on my head. 

"Oof," I rubbed my head. 

"I'm so sorry Young Miss I didn't know it was going to hit your head!" Millie apologized. 

"No, no it's okay Millie it was my fault for not paying attention anyways," I shook my hands around. 

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you both were supposed to be at the palace," I asked looking at Luca then at Knox. 

"We both got off early," Knox said before Luca could.

"So what are you both playing?" Luca asked again. 

"We're playing Hanetsuki," I answered. 

"What?" Luca looked confused. 

"Wanna play?" I asked

"Sure," Knox replied. 

"How do we play?" Knox questioned.

"Don't worry it's easy, you'll be really good just like Millie," I told them.

Like Millie they both got the hang of it and were going at it pretty hard. 

"Hey Knox, why don't you just give up and let it drop?" Luca taunted. 

"Never, why don't you give up," Knox taunted back. 

Usually Knox had a calm composure but right now he was going all out and lost his quiet and calm composure. In the end Knox won and smirked at Luca causing both of them to have another go at it again. Not long after an hour Mother and Father came out and asked the same thing resulting in another game between everyone. We were all competing for the next two hours and in the end we all dropped dead. 

I had an hour to get ready before the festival started. I didn't expect the game to actually take that long but it was fun and entertaining watching everyone try to win especially Mother and Father. Me and Millie both got into disguise so no one could recognize us when we were out, although I disguised as a man instead to make it easier for me to protect Millie and I. Time came and we both got into the carriage by sneaking out carefully so we won't get caught by Knox or Luca. 

✿✿✿✿

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it wasn't that good or interesting.