⚣꧁Cafe꧂⚣

(Modern AU Jonawagon)
::

I have a date, and with a very beautiful man as well. With his blue eyes and fair skin...along with his decent build. He also seemed sweet from his texts.

I rummage through my closet, I have to find a decent outfit to impress. But I don't want it to be too classy, we're going to a cafe.
I finally decide on a loose collar black button-up shirt and jeans. I dress and go to the bathroom. I have to find my brush, these tangles aren't going away by themselves!
After a bit of rummaging, I find it. I start brushing my hair.
"Ow! Stupid knots in my hair..." I mumbled. Sometimes I think of getting it cut but I like it too much.
After a while of going at it, I finally get brushed it through.

I look in the mirror and look at the scar on my face. Should I cover it up? If he thinks it makes me look ugly?
I sigh. No Speedwagon,  It's gonna be okay. If he doesn't like you for that, he isn't worth it.
I go out of my apartment and get in my car.
::

I finally arrive at the cafe and get out of my car. I walk into the cafe and I'm Immediately get hit with the smell of coffee beans. It was a small cafe, but it was quite nice.

I scan the room and spot him.
He's even prettier in real life. I smile and walk over to him.
"Hello, You must be Jonathan right?" I ask cautiously. I doubt got the wrong person, but still.
He nodded and smiled at me. " You must be Robert, a pleasure to meet you." I sit down.
We sit there a bit in slightly awkward silence for a few minutes.
How do I start a conversation again?
Topics. I need to think of topics. Think back to our texts.
Aha!

"So you told me you were studying for college. What exactly are you studying for?" I ask him. His eyes seem to light up at that.
" I'm actually studying for historical archaeology. It's quite interesting really! Seeing all the things past civilizations left behind," He paused for a moment and looked at me. " Are you studying for anything?"
I scratched my neck sheepishly.
"Well, I've been trying t' study for a medical degree. It's a tad confusing though." I said to him.

He smiled at me and stated something. " A medical degree? You must be really smart then." I felt my face heat up and a smile rose onto my face. Oh gosh, I must look like a cherry blossom.
" T-Thanks, so anyways......"
We talked for a while and drank coffee, the topics varying. I learned he had a dog named Danny Jr and he showed me a photo of him. I also learned he loves chocolate cheesecake. I learned a lot of other things as well.
But overall, he was a good person and sweet.
::
When the date was over we both went to our cars (which were coincidentally beside each other).
Oh no.
"Aw come on!" I whined. This can't be happening right now.
Jonathan looked over at me and asked me what's wrong. I sighed in irritation.
"Something or someone slashed all my tires. Now I need to call someone to tow it." I pull out my phone and dial a number. I have a quick conversation with the person on the phone before hanging up.
"I can drive you home If you need me to?" Jonathan offered. I sigh a breath of relief and nod.
::
We were chatting when the car stopped. I look out the window and we're already to my apartment. I'm a bit disappointed, I wish the car ride was longer.
Oh well. I thank him for the ride and kiss him on the cheek.
I open the car door.
" See ya, Jojo!" I say before slipping a piece of paper to him.

I think this might just work out.
:: EXTRA::
I place my hand on my cheek. Did he just kiss my cheek? I look at the piece of paper he slipped me. It's  his number with 'I love you.' Written under it. I watch him walk to the apartment with a warm smile.

If soulmates exist, I might've found mine.
::
WC: 775
Ello everyone!
Decided to go a bit cliche with this one. Cliche but cute.
Sorry for the late update. Online Schoolwork has been a bit of trouble recently.
If you enjoyed that's good, If you didn't that's okay too.

Stay healthy my friends!
-Kirstaras
4/26/20