꧁Rose Petals꧂

( Jonaeriwagon) warning: lotsa Angst with fluff, Hanahaki

Jonathan was sick.

::

Erina was worried for her husband. He had been coughing out blood, thorns and rose petals for weeks.
The doctor had ruled it as a disease known as Hanahaki. There wasn't any known cure and she wasn't sure he would make it.

She gently opened the door to the guest room he was staying in. The room was a mess.
Blood stained rose petals were spread across the room. Crimson puddles were on the ground and bedside from Jonathan's harsh coughing.

She walked over to his bedside gently dabbling away the dried blood from his face. " How are you feeling love?.. " She asked softly.

Jonathan rasped out a sigh. " N-Not the best... I think the d-doctors might b-be...right.. " He replied quietly, his voice cracking.

Erina felt herself tear up. " N-No, don't say that. Your...going t-to live, you aren't gonna d-die! " She cried out, distraught at just the thought of it.

Jonathan winced at the loud tone. " I-I'm just saying it's a large possibility. Trust m-me, I don't.. w-want to die. There's still s-so much I w-wanna do.. " He mumbled.

Erina tilted her head. " Things you wanna do?.. " She repeated quietly.

Jonathan coughed, thorns and blood falling from his lips. " I wanna...see our c-child and E-Elizabeth grow up, " Jonathan hacked again. " Heck, I haven't... e-even confessed to Speedwagon.. " He murmured.

Erina's expression softened and she put her hand on his cheek. " Well then, you better hang on my love... " She said gently and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

Jonathan smiled weakly. " I'll try for you...and our future child. " He replied softly.
Erina stood up. " You better, but first you need to try to rest. " She said quietly and Jonathan nodded.

" Goodnight my love.. " Erina said before walking out.

Erina had an idea

::

It was weeks after that day and Speedwagon had received a letter.

This letter troubled him; Jonathan was apparently sick with a strange ailment. Though they did invite him over so it probably wasn't contagious.

So, here he was, rushing in a carriage to see his poor close friend and seemingly unrequited crush.

Speedwagon let out a soft sigh, rubbing his temples. Normally he wouldn't be this bothered but Jonathan was ever so dear to him.

He read the letter again, almost hoping ' Terribly Ill ' would change to 'perfectly well.' But alas, that couldn't happen.

Suddenly the carriage came to a halt. " Huh? I'm already here?.. " Speedwagon murmured to himself.

He opened the carriage door and hopped out. He glanced around while walking.
The place was as lavish as usual. Speedwagon was honestly a bit envious although he was offered to move in here in the past.

Though he always refused, not wishing to intrude on the couple's life.

Speedwagon finally reached the door and knocked gently. After a few seconds Erina opened the door. " Oh hello, Come in Speedwagon. " She greeted quietly.

Speedwagon walked inside, following Erina. " It's been awhile, 'asn't it Erina. " He said, mostly to break the ice.

Erina nodded but didn't reply. Speedwagon was a bit concerned. " You doing okay? " He asked quietly.

Erina sat down on the living room couch and sighed. " Not really, I'm just r-really worried about J-Jonathan.. " She admitted.

Speedwagon gently patted her back. " I'm sure he'll pull through, he has before. " He attempted to comfort her.
Erina smiled slightly. " Y-Yeah, your right. You can see him If you want, he's probably awake right now. " She replied softly.

Speedwagon tilted his head. " I'd like that, where is he?.. " He asked gently.

" Upstairs, last door on the left. " She told him and Speedwagon nodded.

::

Speedwagon opened the door and the sight of Jonathan almost made him tear up. Though he kept a smile on his face for Jonathan's sake.

He walked over to his bedside. " Hey Jonathan, how are you feeling?.. " He said quietly.

Jonathan gave him a weak smile. " Could... be b-better.. " He murmured.
Speedwagon felt his heart wrench in pain. Jonathan's voice was quiet and raspy. " I hope it gets better. " He replied softly.

" M-Me too, " He put his hand on Speedwagon's. " Y'know, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for awhile.. " He mumbled.

" I'm all ears. " He replied, trying to keep casual. Though in the inside he was a tad nervous.

" W-Well, I know this might seem s-strange...but I have some r-romantic feelings...for you, " Jonathan hacked. " I... Understand If you don't return them.. I Just had to tell you.. " He confessed softly.

At this point, tears were rushing down Speedwagon's face. He knew what this meant, there was a chance that Jonathan would die due to this ailment.

" I... I return them but what of Erina? " He asked quietly.

" Erina knows...and encourages it." Jonathan answered weakly.

Speedwagon sat beside Jonathan. " Well then...May I? " He asked gently.
Jonathan's cheeks flushed. " Oh you wouldn't want to my breath is rather vile.. " He murmured.

Speedwagon smiled slightly. " I don't mind, " He replied warmly.

" Well then, I suppose you can.. " He accepted and Speedwagon pulled him into a gentle kiss.

The kiss only lasted for a few seconds but it seemed to have changed something.
The heavy feeling in his lungs seemed to shrivel and fly away. He finally felt like he could breathe again.

::

Speedwagon had stayed with Jonathan even after he got better, eventually moving in.
The two, although not officially, got married and lived the rest of their lives together with Erina.

::

Hey everyone!

This isn't my best work but I hoped you enjoyed it. Also I apologize for not updating that much, life has been a bit of a hassle.

-Kirstaras