꧁And They Were Roomates꧂

(Modern AU)

Jonathan was roommates with his best friend, Speedwagon. Speedwagon was openly gay and he often brought his lovers home.
One day Jonathan felt himself feel odd at one of Speedwagon's boyfriends. It felt putrid and anger intended with a hint of want.
He shook it off as nothing but catching bad vibes from him.

But then it happened again and again till he couldn't take it.

Jonathan grabbed his phone and went to Google. He furiously typed 'Why do I feel so bad when I see my best friend with his boyfriend?' and hit the search button.
It took a moment for the results to load but when it did he gasped.  At the very top of the page you could see this.

Top ten signs that you might be in love with your best friend.

He clicked on the link and began to read. The more he scrolled he slowly realized what it was.

He had a crush on Speedwagon. He was jealous of his past boyfriends.

::
It's been a few months since he realized his crush towards Speedwagon. In those few months he realized he was Bi and his crush grew more. He started to get fidgety and was constantly blushing in his presence.

Speedwagon found Jonathan's behavior out of the usual but cute. If he was honest, he loved Jonathan but felt as If he was out of his league. And most likely straight.

That was until June came around. He walked down the stairs to see Jonathan, who had a Bi pride pin on his usual crop top.
He gently walked over to Jonathan who seemed to not notice him. He sat down beside him and Jonathan jolted a bit.

Speedwagon gently poked the pin on his chest. "When did this happen?" He quietly asked, a hint of tease in his voice.

Jonathan looked down at where he poked. " Well, around two months ago. It all kinda started with this one guy... " He began rambling a tiny bit.

Speedwagon smiled, listening intently. This guy sounded oddly familiar. Jonathan then accidentally mentioned one of his exes and it clicked.
He was that 'one guy'. His face dusted red and he saw Jonathan pause, his face also turning red.

Speedwagon was the first to move, going to kiss his cheek. Jonathan looked at him in surprise, causing their lips to connect instead
Jonathan's eyes widened and Speedwagon jolted. Although it was accidental, they both got into it. Jonathan had closed his eyes, pulling Speedwagon closer. Speedwagon wrapped his arms around his shoulders. It was tender but passionate, filled with love.

Speedwagon pulled away, his breathing heavy. " Didn't know you loved me that much. " He joked, still looking up at Jonathan.

Jonathan felt a smile tug onto his face. " Love you too. " He said, rolling his eyes playfully.

::

So this exists now. Happy pride.

WC:480
-Kirstaras