•TEN•

Peng Chuyue

After telling me about his past, Zhan slept because of exhaustion caused by crying too much. He'll get discharged from the hospital tomorrow afternoon. I didn't want to leave him alone anymore, especially in a place where anyone could come, so I decided not to go to school tomorrow. It was 10:24 pm, and I was laying on the couch in Zhan's (hospital) room. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. And that's when I remembered that I had my phone and my headphones with me. I took them out, and put some music on. The volume of my phone was not too low but not too high, good enough to be able to hear if Zhan calls me or something. I closed my eyes, as I let my mind take me to wherever the song was going. It had been about 10 minutes, and I still couldn't sleep. Then, I suddenly heard sobs.

Xiao Zhan

I shot my eyes open, tears on the side of my face, gasping to catch my breath. After I calmed down, the dream came back to my mind, and I started sobbing. I wanted to cry and scream but when I saw Chuyue sleeping, I decided to keep quiet. I bit my bottom lip to prevent me from making any noise. But I failed, choking on my own sobs, more and more tears falling down my eyes nonstop. I was crying. Again!

'Why can't you be strong, Zhan?! You're so weak! Stop crying like a crybaby and grow up!' A part of me kept telling me this, which made me cry even more. But my thoughts were interrupted.

"ZhanZhan, are you crying?"

'You woke him up! You're an idiot! You can't even let anyone sleep peacefully!'

"ZhanZhan? What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." I turned around in bed, my back facing Chuyue, now.

NO ONE'S POV

Chuyue knew Zhan wasn't okay. He took off his headphones and went to Zhan.

"ZhanZhan, wanna watch a movie to make you feel better? I couldn't sleep, but if you're sleepy then you can sleep." Chuyue said, putting his hand on Zhan's shoulder.

Zhan wasn't sleepy anymore. And he didn't want to say no to Chuyue.

As Chuyue was about to go back to the couch, Zhan turned around, now facing Chuyue, "Okay. We can watch a movie. I'm not sleepy, anyway."

Chuyue then went to Zhan's bed, and sat down next to him, Zhan making more space for him to sit.

"Which movie do you want to watch?" Chuyue turned on the TV in the room.

"Something that can distract me from my thoughts for a while." Zhan replied.

"Okay, then we can watch something that includes comedy...?" Chuyue wasn't sure about what kind of movie would make Zhan feel better.

"Sure."

And Chuyue started searching for a comedy movie. Soon, he found one and they started watching, cuddling next to each other on Zhan's (hospital) bed.

Zhan soon fell asleep, his back slightly facing the other. Chuyue looked at him, examining his beautiful features.

"Who knew the world would be so cruel to someone as beautiful as you.....? I hope you realize that you deserve none of this, and should be getting better." He caressed the asleep one's hair softly. He didn't like seeing the younger in pain and heartbroken.

He turned off the TV, and closed his eyes to try to sleep. Not realizing that Zhan had tears falling from his eyes after he heard what Chuyue said.

The Next Day

It was 7:06 am and both boys were sleeping when the doctor came in to check Zhan, again. He saw the two sleeping peacefully, and decided not to wake them up. He came to take off Zhan's bandages, but Zhan got them changed right before he slept, which was close to 10:20 pm, and he got them changed at about 10:15 pm. So, it wouldn't matter if the bandages get taken off after an hour or two. The doctor quietly left the room, leaving the boys sleeping peacefully.

It was about 9:56 am when Zhan woke up. He looked beside him to find his best friend sleeping peacefully.

"I'm really sorry, YueYue. I know I'm a burden to you. I'll try my best to solve my own problems by myself. You deserve a better friend than me."

"Who said you're a burden to me?"

Zhan gasped, "You're awake?!"

"I woke up at about 8:05 am, but decided not to move so you won't wake up." Chuyue said, opening his eyes.

"You're not a burden to me, ZhanZhan. I've never had such a nice, kind, and caring friend. There's no one else who can be compared to you and come out better than you. You've always been my only true friend, unlike the other ones I've had who betrayed me or were my 'friends' just because I was rich and had money. You've always been there for me, and I want to do the same. If you have any problems, you have to tell me right away! Don't even think about being a burden to me Zhan. You'll never be a burden to me. I don't want any other friends. I'm good with only you as my only true friend who really does care about me." Chuyue wasn't even finished, when he noticed that Zhan had tears in his eyes.

"Hey, don't cry. Come on, get up! You'll get discharged today afternoon. You have to freshen up and change from the hospital clothes to your own clothes. Come on. Get up."

Zhan didn't feel much pain, anymore. Despite the fact that when his wounds harshly get in contact with something hard, like the wooden side of the bed, or when he bends too low, it hurt like hell.

Zhan got his bandages taken off, but got a cream instead to put on his wounds for a week. Both boys were ready to leave. They said thank you to the doctor and the receptionist before they left.

————————————————————————
I wanted to update again. I really like updating fast. I hate it when I take too long. I wrote chapter nine in one day! I didn't sleep all night today. I don't know why, but I couldn't sleep. So, I decided to update. It's 6:12 am, right now, at where I live.
Anyways, take care all of you.💜
Good morning, afternoon, or night.