Chap 4-Love At First Sight

I cannot say that I ultimately believe in love at first sight. What I do believe in is that there are certain people who have chemistry between them.

*Please play the music video at the top to experience a more enjoyable moment ;) if u want lol*

//Back with Vee and Mark//

[Mark's POV]

The temperature had dropped noticeably in the past few days, but the onset of rain and a northern wind had made it even icier. Most people stayed at home with their important one at this hour, I didn't because mine was just all gone.

While I was running toward the bridge because if my instincts were correct, there might have some fights going on, but a man's voice stopped me. At first, I thought he was some kind of psychopath who enjoyed swimming this late at night in November since his clothes were completely soaked. However, after a second glance, I was surprised to see such a young man who had clearly lost the traces of boyhood stood alone in the darkness. He seemed so out of place. Then, out of nowhere, the first thing that he told me was: "Ummm... Hey, nice weather isn't it? Oh! And Nice to meet.....you??" I wanted to laugh so badly, but looking at his conditions, I remembered the sound of the gunshots and I knew that this wasn't the right time.

Moreover, it was probably not the best time to meet someone new because I was in a state where my face was very red under the effect of alcohol and my eyes were puffy as I cried so much in the last few hours. On the other hand, he wasn't really any better than me. I could see through the faint light of the streetlamp that he was bleeding from different parts of his body as the water was dripping from his hair. This person was seriously injured.

"Hey, umm...I don't know what kind of chaos were you involved in, but hang on there! I am going to call the ambulance and the cops. Just wait for a second." I said it quickly while my hands were searching for my phone in my pockets.

Suddenly, he shortened the distance between ourselves with his long and thin legs by taking only a few steps. Then, he grabbed my hand with such strength that forced me to look up at him. That's when I realized how handsome he was. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks and he was a fair few inches taller than me. However, his body seemed to be well-built with wide shoulders that looked like they could lift everything. I had to admit, he was a living work of art.

I wanted to say something before the situation got out of control, but when my eyes directly looked into his, staring had become our only form of communication. The dark eyes that had probably made thousands of girls weak at their knees were locked on me like magnets. Everything suddenly seemed to be in slow motion. There was a heavy silence but it wasn't awkward. This noseless moment was somehow so comfortable that I tried to not breathe loudly in order to not interrupt it. And I just wished to rest in such blessed quiet until both of our legs became sore from standing. Then, at my least expectation, this mysterious young man gently put his head on my shoulder. All of sudden, I understood why I felt so at ease around him even though we were just strangers. He was the same type of person as me; someone young, but who had seen a lot of things that were not really supposed to mess with your life at this age. Then he mumbled softly beside my ear:

"Can I?"

Nothing more, nothing less, but everything became different. I looked up at the sky and let the raindrops touched my skin before they splashed into the asphalt road. I heard the gentle tapping of raindrops against the floor and it was those kinds of situations where I didn't have to worry about anything else. I continued to look at the sky and let every moment sink in as it was not going to last forever. He wasn't crying, but I could sense his tiredness wrapped around him like a snake. The water droplets continued to fall like they simply couldn't think of anything better to do. I patted his back gently as an answer to his sudden gesture.

"Why not?" I replied.

He smirked after hearing my response and lifted up his head. He glared at me with amusement.

"Didn't your parents teach you to not answer a question with a question?" he jocked.

"Well, you just did it." I said, glaring back.

He seemed surprised that I would come up with this sort of answer.

"Vee."

"Excuse me, what did you say?" I frowned my eyebrows since I wasn't sure if I misheard something or he just wasn't clear.

"Vee." he repeated it a second time without giving me any explanation. He was clearly amused to see my confused face, then he added:

"My name."

I chuckled quietly before answering with a big smile on my face: "Mark. And well, guess now it's my turn to say it."

He definitely didn't get what I meant by that, but before he could say anything, I continued:

"Nice to meet you."

(ps. I will probably edit this chap later because of grammar errors as well as a better transition in the story but for now PLEASE give me some support ;) It means a lot for me thank U!!)