Chap 8-Love isn't always easy

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep 

because reality is finally better than your dreams."

― Dr. Seuss

[Ram's POV]

I had always thought that one was with predictable behaviour when viewed as a whole. What I meant is we move like a shoal of fish from one point of departure to one destination; no matter if you were someone rich, poor, young or old. So perhaps I had indeed become one of the many at a time I didn't even realize, feeding off the impulses of those around me to consult my decisions. I wonder what it took to think like an individual in the center of a crowd, or even if walking one's own path was possible.

Honestly, I had a feeling that my life has been planned since the day I was born. Well, don't get me wrong. I was very thankful that the Kijworalaks were the ones to "adopt" me. They gave me at least something which I could call it home: The KR. Bodyguard Organization. However, this uneasy feeling somehow faded away a little since there is someone who suddenly entered my life. He seemed to be the lighthouse that guided the boats towards their destination and helped them to find the right path when they were lost in the darkness.

"Hi, is it your first time being here?" said the man behind me as he sat on the chair next to me. 

He saw the shock register on my face before I could hide it. A small smile played on his lips. He probably did that a lot. It wasn't what he said though, his words were normal; normal in a strange sort of way. It was more the richness of his tones – luxurious and warm. He must be a baritone in church. However, he seemed to be very young, I'd say around the age of twenties. His face and his voice just didn't match together and honestly, I'd never have put the two of them together. I bet he also got this kind of comment a lot. 

(That's my boi King ready to steal ur man's heart hahahahaha)

"King, are you trying to get another prey? Hahaha," a young man voice caught my attention. He was walking toward us wearing an expensive white suit. He has a bright and fair skin with a sharp and cold face; his thick eyebrows raised slightly as we made eye contact. Under the long and curly eyelashes, the wild and unrestrained eyes were shining while taking a seat beside his friend. His whole person emitted a kind of monstrous monarchy vibe. An evil smile appeared on his face as he was obviously joking earlier, but it somehow seemed offensive to me.

I didn't like him. His first impression gave me chills as his eyes seemed to hide too many secrets. I frowned my eyebrows when I heard the word "prey". 

"Nah, not really.  But Vee,  guess what? I feel some kind of chemistry between me and....this hottie" then he continued "May I know your name?"

"..." I reminded in silence.