Chap 6- Memory

"Nothing can last forever. There isn't any memory,

no matter how intense, that doesn't fade out at last."

― Juan Rulfo

[Third-person POV]

Can's heart was beating so fast that he began to wonder if the man in front of him could hear it. He could feel each of his heartbeats pounding wildly against his chest. This great pounding, this great pressure; every beat, Can couldn't hear it, but he could feel it. Can had never been this frustrated in his life. Usually, when someone made him mad, he used violence or his family's power to solve the problem: fast and efficient. But now, these two things suddenly seemed unfamiliar and useless to him because he knew very well that those won't work on Tin.

Can still couldn't believe that Tin didn't recognize him. Yes, he admitted that he had changed a lot since the incident of 16 years ago, but Tin should at least remember his name. He was so confused and before he lost all his hope, he decided to try one last time. Can took a deep breath and said with a trembling voice:

"What I am gonna say might surprise you, but listen carefully. 16 years ago, my family had a very important project with a large company in Russia and they couldn't trust anyone to take care of me. So, my parents just ended up taking me with them" He slowly lifted his head up to see if Tin had any reaction, but as soon his eyes meet Tin's, Can turned his head quickly and continued talking about his memory;

"However, I had been kidnapped on our last day of journey in Mosco and..." Can suddenly hesitated. He wasn't so sure if this was really what he desired and the moment his words stopped was the moment Can's heart broke. Tin might remember him after all those hints, but after that, what? Nothing would change between them, they would still only have a business type of relationship. On the other hand, he had been trying very hard to fight with the demon inside him all these years so that he could get rid of the nightmares that hunted him each night. Can wanted to take away the power of the painful memory for hurt, prove to himself that he could choose to move on.

He suddenly realized how silly he was hoping that the boy who saved him 16 years ago would still recognize him. Time was precious, time would not lie. People would come and unfairly go, they would not stop changing until their last breath. The sadness drained through Can's body rather than skating over his soft skin. His shoulders were slumped and his eyes cast down in a mournful gaze. The pain he felt in his heart travelled through every cell to reach the ground. Can resembled nothing than the arrogant boy he used to be, his hair was as wild as the jungle and he just stood quietly in front of Tin like a piece of the night, like someone had cut carefully around him and peeled him away, leaving only blackness behind.

There was a silence. Can daren't move, he daren't even breathe, he was frozen to the spot. Every word, movement and breath Tin performed seemed to infuriate Can to no end.

Can's words seemed to have no effect on TIn, his eyes; a well of jet black ink, held a gaze more fearsome than a wolf.

"I don't know what is wrong with you, Mr. Can. But you got the wrong person." Tin took a pack of cigarettes from his pocket as he threw those words without hesitation to Can. A thin paper cigarette hung from his bottom lip, some residual smoke hung in the air, shifting like ghosts in the breeze. 

The smoke smell drifted into Can's nose and it was so bad that he frowned his eyebrows as if someone had put a piece of coal into his lungs

The smoke smell drifted into Can's nose and it was so bad that he frowned his eyebrows as if someone had put a piece of coal into his lungs. Tin especially emphasized his tone on the word "wrong" as if to tell Can not to bother him again.

The moment Can had stopped dazing off, Tin and his luxurious black car was already gone. In this chilly night, there was now only Can's silhouette that looked awkwardly small under the soft light of the streetlamp.

"Young Master, we better go home before your parents get worried" Ram's a voice suddenly interrupted Can's thoughts as he put a vest on Can's shoulders

"Young Master, we better go home before your parents get worried" Ram's a voice suddenly interrupted Can's thoughts as he put a vest on Can's shoulders. Can shook his head violently in order to dislodge his thoughts about Tin's words before they drove him completely insane.

"You saw it?" To be honest, it sounded more like an affirmation than a question.

Ram didn't answer this question, but his behaviour proved to Can that his doubts were true. Can signed quietly and quickly organized his emotions as if nothing had happened. There was a sort of broken-hearted that only would be shown to its owner. His good memories of the young boy who he encountered 16 years ago, the fun ones, were that flame, but the rest was the ashes Can watched blow away in the wind.

"I think that's fair." Can chuckled in his mind. Though there were things in life he wanted to give up, the boy was never on his list. But now, as Tin's words rocked in his ears, he began to doubt himself.

Then, he looked at Ram and the flash of annoyance he felt from Tin came so did a bad idea. Wasn't it always the way? We all made mistakes though life and it was true that this time was worse, but we needed to learn how to move on.

"Call Mark and tell him that we will meet at the same bar. I really need to have a drink now."

TYSM for reading!!♥️♥️ It means a lot for me (*ˉ︶ˉ*) Each comment, read and vote is my biggest motivation to write😳⭐️

Have a nice day and new chap coming soon٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و