chapter fifteen

chapter fifteen

After getting one of Jasper's roommate's number, Mikey surprised the college student one day after his two to two-fifty class. Jasper had his headphones in, listening to an AJR song, and humming to the song. He swung his ID at the scanner and opened the apartment building door, eyes fixated on his phone screen as he walked up to his dorm room. He unlocked the door and walked in, not looking at the couch where Mikey was sitting at, watching anime on the tv.

The sound of a foreign language coming from the tv surprised Jasper, but all he did was mutter, "damn guys, I didn't know you watched anime."

Then, he continued to his room to throw his book bag on his bed. As he trailed back he saw there was no one on the couch, but the anime still played. He placed it as Tokyo Ghoul and shook his head. Jasper turned to walk to the kitchen and jumped when he saw Mikey standing there.

"Fuck," he shouted and recovered from his harsh flinch when seeing an unexpected person in the kitchen.

Mikey turned around with a smirk, laughing at his friend's face. Around the corner came Ricky and he chuckled, asking if Mikey had scared Jasper.

Jasper bit, "yeah because he's a lil' bitch." He looked directly at his friend when saying, "I hate you. Michael."

His hand curled into a fist and he punched Mikey's arm, squeezing around him to grab a bowl and the cereal, then forcefully move Mikey so he could grab the milk. Ricky slunk back to his and Aaron's room and closed the door. It left Mikey and Jasper in a silence that they didn't know how to break for once. It was a little awkward since Thanksgiving, just like how it was after Halloween, and Jasper tried not to act different around his best friend.

He didn't want to push him away, in fact he wanted to keep ahold of Mikey and never let go. Jasper wanted to tell him that he liked him, but he didn't want to be rejected. The college student also wanted to see if Mikey liked him back, but he was too scared to do anything. So, he kept quiet and tried acting normal.

On the other hand, Mikey didn't know how to put it out there that he wanted to kiss Jasper. He wanted to tell his friend how he wants to be with him, no 'with benefits' following. Mikey wanted to tell someone about his predicament of liking his best friend, but he didn't know who. That was another reason why Mikey got ahold of Ricky's number—he wanted someone who wasn't related to himself, or his friend.

Mikey's eyes raked over Jasper's body and finished at his face and he softly smiled, a question lining his face. He stated, "wanna watch Tokyo Ghoul with me?"

Jasper nodded, shoveling a spoonful of cereal in his mouth. He said with a mouthful of cereal, but covering his mouth, "sure, but I'm also gonna do my work."

They sat on the couch, Mikey setting his feet against the edge of the low table in front of him, and Jasper sitting crisscross. His knee dug into Mikey's upper thigh, and it spread warmth to that area for the younger one. It was hard for Mikey to concentrate on reading the subtitles, watching the anime, and ignoring his best friend's touch all at the same time. So, he abandoned Tokyo Ghoul and looked over to Jasper.

Mikey leaned over and lightly set his cheek on Jasper's shoulder to peer down at the textbook. It looked like a book since there weren't any pictures and Mikey curled his lip at that. He felt Jasper snicker, so he took his cheek of his shoulder and furrowed his eyebrows at the twenty-one year old.

"What?"

"Nothing." Jasper shook his head and went back to looking at the textbook. When he felt Mikey's cheek go back to his shoulder, it took everything in him to not lean into the touch and reach over and set a hand on Mikey's knee.

Impatiently, Mikey whined, "there aren't any pictures in the book, Jasper, how are you reading that; it looks so boring?"

He wanted to answer with, I'm not with you touching me, but he countered with, "with determination and hatred—I hate it."

A light laugh came from Mikey and his shoulders shook. He told his best friend to not read it then, but Jasper pushed away his hands that were reaching for the textbook to close it. He had to read it and 'study' it as his professor has been harping on them about the whole semester. But, he usually skimmed over the text and wrote vague connections; Jasper was a pretty good bullshitter, so if he was called on in class he could easily come up with something from those notes.

When he was done, he made it pretty clear by slapping the book closed and tossing it on the low table along with his notebook and pen. He turned to Mikey and stared at him expectantly.

"I'm done now, so what do you want to do?" With the suggestive look Mikey gave him, he could feel a warm feeling growing in his lower stomach, but he shook his head to his own dismay. "Ricky is here, Mikey."

Mikey airily told him, "kick him out. Or be loud enough that he has to leave."

He joked, but it was the second time he'd brought up about Jasper being louder when they fuck, and the college student was starting to wonder if something was wrong. But, since they were best friends, Jasper spoke his mind.

He teased, "do you have a kink for getting caught or something?"

Mikey snapped his head up from the loose string he was playing with on Jasper's ripped jeans. He had ripped a couple strings so Jasper's knee wasn't bulging against them. But, he shook his head and reassured Jasper, "no! I just want to stick my dick in you and hear you. I get it for at home since we actually have to be quiet or my grandmother will freak, but I don't know why not here."

"Is that why you came over here?" Jasper wasn't hurt, he actually found the situation a little funny. And the way Mikey frantically tried to explain why he came over made Jasper laugh seep out. "I'm joking, Mikey. I don't care if you only came over here to fuck, I do it to you at your house."

A sigh left Mikey's lungs and he pushed away Jasper's face that seemed to be closer than it was before. It didn't help Mikey's case of wanting to kiss Jasper, but he shoved down the urge. He whined, "well now I don't want to do anything with you Jasper, you're no fun."

"Boo hoo, I'm not sexiling my roommate. Why don't we, oh I don't know, do something regular best friends would do?"

"Like what?"

"We can get pizza? Broadways?"

Mikey nodded and stood up from the couch, adjusting his jeans and Jasper smirked at it. He leaned over to whisper in Mikey's ear, "maybe later since I think Ricky told me he was going to his house tonight for dinner."

Mikey reminded Jasper in the same whispered tone, "you do have another roommate, Jasp. What about him?"

Jasper shrugged, opening the door after sliding his sneakers on and patting his pocket for his ID and wallet. "He's at his girlfriend's room."

Mikey pushed Jasper out of the room in a sense of urgency and yelled, "well fuck, lets go!"

"I said maybe, Mikey. Don't get your hopes up."

Mikey waved him off and pulled him down the stairs. When they were on the sidewalk Jasper led them to the pizza place, enjoying Mikey's arm around his neck and his own arm wrapped around the other's waist.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
We got the cute moments back! I think I said before that I sorta want them to realize their crushes, and now since they did I might put this baby in drive. I just can't wait to write them finally kissing! Also, I know it hasn't been a week, but I've come to the conclusion of just updating this book on the weekends because those are my only free days now; I just got a job plus school work kills me during the week.

Vote, comment, and follow for more stories!