chapter twenty-nine

chapter twenty-nine

At some point in the night Jasper and Mikey made it to the latter's bedroom. They fell asleep in their spots with their backs facing each other. They stayed like that until the morning when Mikey woke up and rolled onto his other side to go on his phone.

He wasn't on long until Jasper turned in his sleep and an eye slowly opened. The older of them grunted, but he sighed in content when Mikey pressed a quick kiss on his lips. He lightly and sleepily kissed back until he felt Mikey pull away. He mentioned about getting a shower before one of his brothers can steal it before they'd have to get ready for school.

"Have fun," Jasper mumbled and laid face down into his pillow, cocooning himself with the cover. Mikey openly stared at his boyfriend and melted into the urge to take a picture—he took the sound off so it was candid all the way.

Then, he walked to the bathroom and started the water, warming it up. In there, Mikey tapped through Snapchat stories until he reached Aiden's. He skipped over the first couple pictures until he got the picture of him and Jasper the night before—cuddled on the couch. It was undeniably a cute picture and Mikey wanted to screenshot it, but he didn't want to satisfy Aiden in confirming that they're dating.

He did not care if his family knew, but he didn't want his grandmother to know for a little more so he could do whatever he wanted in his room with the door being closed. If he even thought about going in the same room as his significant other and his grandmother knew, she would be hovering over them. The one thing she'd do was make sure the goddamn door stayed open even if Aiden was in the room as well.

Sending the story to Jasper before jumping on the shower, Mikey shrugged off the anxious feeling he felt. He hadn't felt like that since his first serious girlfriend and asking her out for real. He'd been pressured from Jasper and a high school friend, and Mikey could have shit his pants if he thought hard enough then. But now, Mikey felt the same way and he hated it.

For some reason he was afraid his grandmother would pull a 180 and hate him. His shower consisted of him thinking of ways his grandmother would yell at him for dating his best friend.

His thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and his younger brother's voice filling the room. "I'm in here—I'm just peeing."

The brother, Noah who was also the second youngest brother, silently went to the bathroom, but started a conversation when Mikey was washing the shampoo-conditioner out of his hair.

Noah nonchalantly asked, "Mikey–" he paused and Mikey could hear the hesitation. Then he started up again with, "are you dating Jasper? I saw on Aiden's story last night..."

Mikey also hesitated to answer, so he deflected the question onto Jasper. He told his younger brother, "ask Jasper that and tell me what he says."

Noah made a noise, but the brother in the shower heard the door shut. Mikey worked on washing his body and waiting for the answer. It came sooner than he thought it would.

"Jasper said yeah."

Deciding to show his face, Mikey peered around the shower curtain, hair wet and dripping on the linoleum floors. He brushed away his hair and raised an eyebrow to his brother. "There you go then," Mikey told him and waited for the reaction.

The reaction was boring and only a proud smile. A part of Mikey was happy one of his brothers didn't dramatically react to the news. Noah went to open his mouth and Mikey knew what he was about to say, so he quickly told the brother,

"Don't tell Nanny, please."

Hearing the plead Noah nodded and left the room with a shrug. Mikey went back to his shower, finishing up, then stepping out. There was a knock and Mikey knew it was Jasper since he was the only one who ever knocked before coming into any room in the house—beside Aiden when he's been sexiled.

A soft voice asked, "can I come in?" and Mikey opened the door, a wave of humid air hitting Jasper in the face early in the morning. The sleepy boy stepped into the bathroom and turned the fan on before anything. He rubbed his eyes then and found himself a seat on the closed toilet lid.

Jasper looked up to Mikey with squinted eyes and he had a worried look. Mikey could safely assume it was from the situation with Noah, so Mikey reassured him everything was fine.

He placed both hands on Jasper's cheeks after securing his towel, and held his boyfriend's face in his hands. A couple droplets of water splashed onto Jasper's cheeks and rolled down, off his chin, to make it look like he was crying.

"Hey, it's fine. The only person I don't want knowing right now is my grandmother, she'll be the biggest cockblock once she knows."

Jasper chuckled, blowing air through his nose harshly, and brushed his hands over Mikey's bare waist. His hands wandered the skin as he pulled Mikey closer and he pressed a kiss to Mikey's sternum. He wiped off the wet tracks and rested a hand against Jasper's neck, savoring the feeling of his boyfriend's lips against his skin and the way his pulse was nice and slow. When Jasper went to teasingly bite the skin near Mikey's nipple, Aiden's voice echoed through.

"Stop fucking and let me in."

Unbeknownst to him, Mikey's hand squeezed the sides of Jasper's neck softly while he groaned, rolling his eyes and stepping back. The college student's eyes popped open quickly and he felt a sensation pooling in his gut from the action. He froze on top of the toilet seat and watched from his spot as Mikey got dressed. There were several times in the short period of time in the bathroom when Jasper had imagined doing certain activities with Mikey in the room and he had to think about taking a cold shower to rid his mind of them.

Mikey threw open the door before he could come to a conclusion. He deadpanned at Aiden who had a smirk on his face and he stated, "fuck off. And don't tell Nanny about Jasp and I."

Finally breaking from his reverie, Jasper shook his head and blinked away the dazed look. He followed Mikey out of the bathroom, feeling the temperature difference from in the bathroom to the hallway, still feeling a little out of it.

Max exited his room, being awake too early since he was only in elementary school, and grinned to both older boys. He tiptoed and whispered to Jasper, "Noah said you and Mikey are dating."

"Yeah." Jasper nodded. "But don't tell your grandmother."

Max shrugged and walked down the stairs, dressed for school. The two other boys finished their trip to Mikey's bedroom and they collapsed on the bed. Jasper groaned into mattress and Mikey into the air.

"Fuck," Mikey stated, "who knew how many times I'll have to say that to them."

He turned his head to Jasper and apologized for making him answer the question from Noah so early in the morning. Jasper didn't care and voiced that, turning in his spot. He gazed at Mikey who had his eyes locked on the ceiling.

Feeling like he need to say something, Jasper ran his fingers over Mikey's jaw and into his wet hair and told him, "I really like you, Mikey."

It got Mikey to look at him and Jasper felt accomplished. So, he continued to express what he felt towards the younger twenty-one year old. There was a blush that formed on Mikey's cheeks and Jasper couldn't help to caress the florid coloring. He laughed and turned Mikey's face to properly kiss him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Why do I always do soft boys for Jasper x Mikey?? I mean I'm fine without the angst because yea, but still.

And once again I am bored so have a chapter. My cat is currently going crazy and it is 11pm!! What time is it for you??

Vote, comment, and follow for more stories!