chapter forty-six

chapter  forty-six
𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳

By the time the end of Jasper's third year of college came, Mikey was at a new job instead of his tiring one from before. He was working with friendly coworkers, befriending a few himself, and he didn't want to quit everyday. He now worked as an editor for a upcoming blog site, one that covered social issues and reviewed products. Mikey Balm liked this job more than the one with Miranda the bitch manager. He also didn't have to come in until eleven and left by seven, getting paid almost eighteen dollars an hour.

There were a few times at the job that he got hit on by the girls, but once he showed them his lock screen, a picture of him and Jasper making faces at the camera, they stopped. He didn't care, neither did Jasper, and he made friends with them. He wasn't super close with them, but he would join them for drinks and have fun despite some of the age differences. The biggest one having a ten year difference and the guy having three kids already.

Jasper also got along with the coworkers. He aced his finals for college, worrying at first until Mikey spent the night with him calming him down. He'd taken them and started packing up all his belongings. Thankfully he was finished with classes and had a couple days until he had to leave, and all the Balm boys could help with the packing. And that's what they did on a Saturday in April in the last week of the month.

Mikey had his hand on Jasper's hip, fingers twisting the hem as he stood beside him, using him to lean on him. He joked with Max who was trying to pick up a box full of books, stepping away from Jasper.

He laughed, "that's like your weight, Max." The eight year old gave him a glare, but accepted the help and the two walked the box to Jasper's car. There were a few other students doing the same thing, and everyone stayed in their own world on packing a car filled to the brim with boxes and such.

Back in the apartment, Mikey smirked at the backside of Jasper. Marlene deadpanned, but he looked over her disapproval and let his hand collide with Jasper's ass. It was a satisfying sound and he groped his boyfriend as he stepped closer. A painful groan rippled through Jasper's body and he retaliated by punching Mikey's shoulder, but let the younger press up against him. His arms wrapped around Jasper's neck and rested on his chest, Mikey's chest warming Jasper's back.

He breathed in his boyfriend's ear, "what about we stay at your house when everything is dropped off there? Your parents are at that business lecture thing right?"

Mikey lightly kissed the back of Jasper's neck and smirked into the prickled skin. A shiver raked through Jasper's body, but he nodded and stepped out of Mikey's grasp. It wasn't hard to do so, and he took a few light boxes down to his car and watched Aiden and Cadence push each other by the car. They laughed and migrated towards each other's sides and wandered back to the dorm, Jasper not far behind them.

.
..
...

"Hey, I'm heading over now, my grandmother is finally satisfied with my cleaning job." Mikey smiled as he told Jasper of his plans.

He had originally planned to head straight over to Jasper's, but Marlene had forced him to clean his room and do some mundane chores beforehand. He knew it was her way of making sure they didn't have sex in her house, but she couldn't stop them when they were at the Kirk residence.

Mikey knocked on his bedroom door, waiting for the "what?" from Aiden to walk in. He smirked at the two's position on Aiden's bed and pulled open his dresser drawer, taking out a hated piece of protection and threw it at his younger brother, ignoring the horrified look.

The oldest Balm boy grabbed his charger and a pair of clothes before smirking at his brother. He teased him by singing, "merry Christmas! Make sure to lock the door and not be loud."

Then he shut the door and shook his head to get rid of the image of his brother and Cadence from his head. The drive to Jasper's was shorter than he usually made it in, wanting to share the news to his boyfriend. He walked in, taking the stairs two at a time and busting into Jasper's room.

"Fucking, guess what," Mikey said once he was laying beside Jasper, head next to his other half's.

"What?"

Mikey snickered before relaying what happened at his home before he came over. Jasper's jaw slackened, but there was a look of pride—the boy was getting some and maybe he wouldn't be so cynical afterward because of it.

The air between the two boys became awkward as neither said anything. But, Mikey sat up and looked down towards Jasper, staring into his eyes carefully. He collected his thoughts and his heart soared with feelings as his boyfriend stared endearingly at him. His head was he heavy until he uttered heartfelt,

"I love you, Jasp."

The sudden confession had Jasper sitting up quickly and accidentally smacking his forehead against Mikey's chin, teeth clacking together harshly. Mikey grunted and sat back, grabbing his chin that throbbed. He tore his eyes away from Jasper, feeling overwhelmingly awkward and understood why Jasper had looked the same way when he said the same three words months before. It was tense between them and he didn't want anything major to change between them even though he knew that wouldn't happen.

Until Jasper said something, Mikey focused on his chin and teeth. His jaw was sore and he closed his eyes so he didn't see the look from Jasper if it was bad. But, cold hands pressing against his heated cheeks had him opening his eyes and looking right into his boyfriend's.

Jasper said, "I love you too," and brought their face together. He gently rubbed his thumb over the small dimple in Mikey's cheek and let all his emotions pour into the kiss. He scooted forward and their knees hit from doing so.

The ball on Jasper's tongue piercing drove Mikey crazy, desperately pulling his boyfriend into his lap for a closer proximity. Jasper teased Mikey with the ball and Mikey exhaled sharply.

"Stop," he warned Jasper, and detached their lips to get the t-shirt off his boyfriend. His fingers danced over the soft skin until they reached Jasper's hips and pants line. He smirked into the skin of Jasper's neck, creating a dark hickey that would show up the next morning.

Jasper's fingers tugged at Mikey's scalp and he confidently breathed, "I love you, Mikey."

His attention went from Jasper's upper body to his face and returned the confession. Everything would be fine and both knew that. There wouldn't be something that could split them; they would be together for awhile, maybe even until the end if life was good to each boy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
And here we have it, the ending. It might feel rushed because it sort of is. I didn't know how to end it really, so you got this. Aiden chapter next (hopefully tomorrow morning) and this book will be finished.

I sincerely hope you liked this story; I did at points and am proud of it overall. This book makes me proud and I couldn't be happier. Anyway,

Vote, comment, and follow for other stories!