Chapter 30- Lloyd goes missing

No POV:

Lloyd and Akita pushed their way through the dense jungle together. They had no trackers. No weapons. No nothing. They had no idea where the others were and had lost track of the time days ago.

Occasionally, Akita would turn back into a wolf and scout ahead and Lloyd would just call one of his friends names in hope of a response. They had lost their sense of direction days ago and their best tactic was to walk aimlessly until they found something. They hadn't eaten for ages and the constant heat was making it difficult to think straight.

"This.... is just great... stranded, in the middle of nowhere, with no food and no form of communication... plus! If we die, no one will know we were here!!!" Lloyd panted.
"We can't give up. I'm sure the others are out there somewhere!" Akita said
"Yeah, well... even if they are... who knows how big this jungle is! If only I had mastered my elemental dragon. Then we'd be out of here immediately."
"Ugh! I'm so hungry!! I could eat a whole steak!!"
"You don't think.... you don't think we'll resort to cannibalism do you?"
"I'm sure we'll find the others before then."
"At this point, I'd rather be back in the government confinement than here. At least we get fed."

The two carried on walking for a while until Lloyd collapsed and leaned against a tree.

"You okay?" Akita asked. Lloyd didn't have the energy to respond. He just shook his head a little. "I think we should have a break here." She said. Lloyd fell back into the tree and caught his breath. Akita turned into a wolf and started to chew on the grass in hopes it would fill her wolf stomach enough to keep her going.

"I can't keep going like this Akita. I think I'll just die here." Lloyd said
"What is wrong with you? Why are you being like this?"
"Who are we kidding? It's hot, we're hungry, we're alone and we're being hunted by the government. I'll just die here. Then you might be able to find the others."
"Lloyd, I am NOT resorting to cannibalism Especially on my own boyfriend."
"Well... what can we do?"
"We keep going. There is no way we are going to die in this jungle. There has to be something we can do!"
"I think... I've got an idea."
"Okay, but if it has anything to do with cannibalism-"
"Don't worry! It's not that insane."
"Well what is it?"
"You leave me here and-"
"Lloyd! I'm not leaving you behind!"
"Leave me here and go find the others. It's our best shot of getting out of here." Lloyd said.

She looked around desperately as she tried to think of another solution but nothing came.

"Stay right here. I'll go get help." She said, turning into a wolf and running through the forest.
"I trust you." Lloyd said weakly

Zane's POV:

We had been tracking for hours now and it didn't feel like we were getting any closer.

"According to the device, we should have reached them 5 hours ago!!" Pixal said
"5 hours!?!?! No wonder I'm starving." Jay said
"We need to ration the food. Plus we need to save some for when we find Lloyd and Akita." Whisper explained
"But why is it taking so long??" Kai asked
"Well, it's possible that in their attempts to get closer to us without a proper tracker, they are going in the exact opposite direction of us. But my guess is as good as any." I said.
"Hey.. what's that?" Nya asked, pointing to a tree. We ran up to it and found a bit of green ripped cloth with a few strands of gold.

"It's Lloyd! He must have been here." Kai exclaimed
"And it looks like he was until ten minutes ago. These footprints show that someone carried him off." Whisper said
"Maybe it was Akita?" Cole suggested.
"Not likely. Look." Echo said, pointing at some separate wolf prints.
"But if they're separated then they're in more danger than before!!" Selial said
"Okay. We need to split into teams of two. One team go after Lloyd and the other one, go find Akita." Nya said
"Yes. And I think we should have one little droid and one big droid on each team." Jay said.
"I'm sorry, little droid?" Echo asked.
"Well yeah. Your younger and-"
"I saved your ass."