Chapter 10

Y/n wakes up in, what she assumes is Race's bed.

She looks around the room to see all of the newsboys sitting around the room, surrounding her. Even Davey and Les are here.

They start to get up and go towards her, checking to see if she's okay, but Crutchie stops them.

"Boys back up! Youse don't want her ta faint again!" They all step back taking a seat back on the beds.

Crutchie steps forward and sits on the bed next to her placing a hand on her cheek.

"Mornin n/n" he says softly, smiling at the girl. "You feelin betta?" He asks her sweetly.

She can't help but smile a little.

"Yeah I guess. My head hurts a little though." She says quietly.

"You should drink some wada (water) it would prolly do ya some good." He says reaching over to the night stand and grabbing the glass of water that Blink had brought up for her earlier.

She sits up and gently takes the glass from her best friend.

She takes a sip and sets it down.

"Now are youse ready to tell me what the hell happened?" He says calmly. He grabs her hand and they lace their fingers together.

Then it all came back.

It feels like a brick dropped on her shoulders.

Everything that happened last night suddenly hits her, and hits her hard.

She turns a pale shade of green.

Y/n jumps out of the bed and sprints to the washroom, opening a stall and throwing up.

Crutchie follows her in, carrying the glass of water and a towel. He sits next to her and holds her hair back.

He rubs circles on her back and she lays across the toilet, crying.

She drinks the water and looks up at him. She collapses into his arms and cries again.

She explains everything that happened to the boy. He listens to her every word, anger boiling up (but he can handle it a bit better than y/n can).

"And now I don't know what to do. Last night I don't even know why I wanted to leave, I couldn't think, everything all happened at once and I was scared." She speaks lowly, sniffling slightly.

"I am scared." She whispers. He grabs her hand.

"And the worst part is, I didn't not like the kiss. It was, kinda nice. But then again I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm so confused." She finishes, letting out a little sob.

He hugs her again.

"Why don't we'se draw ya a nice warm bath and maybe get some food in ya stomach. I bet you'll feel a hundred times betta!" He says smiling at her.

She  smiles back a little.

"Yeah, that sounds nice."

~

Y/n brushed her teeth while Crutchie walked out to grab her a fresh pair of clothes.

The boys decided to take the responsibility of unpacking her things, and hiding the suitcase, to prevent future plans of escape. They couldn't risk losing the girl they all cared so deeply about.

It was Sunday, so most of them take the day off anyways. Usually they would go to Tibby's or wherever else they felt like, but today they all stayed right in the bunk room, sitting on the beds or the floor, waiting for y/n to walk out.

When they saw the door open, they were disappointed to see it was only Crutchie.

"How is she?" Race asks, fear noticeable in his words.

"Yeah, she okay?" Finch asks.

"How's she feelin?" Mush asks as well.

"Boys. She's okay! She just had a little... scare... last night but she is okay. Tone down the questions round her though, wese don't wants her gettin ovawhelmed again." He announces as he gathers her clothes.

He walks back into the bathroom, shutting the door.

The boys keep waiting, slightly less worried then before.

Crutchie fills the tub, making sure it's at a warm temperature. He fills it with soap and then turns around, allowing the girl to undress.

She steps into the small tub and sits, allowing the suds to surround her.

"You're okay now." She says after she made sure she was completely covered. He turns back around.

He pumps the thing, allowing the water to flow, she scrubs her hair.

- time skip -

She walks out of the bathroom and the boys all stand up, removing their hats.

"I'm okay guys." She says. They all run up and hug her.

She smiles.

- time skip - a few days - 9:23 pm -

It had been a few days since the incident. She sees Jack here and there but things are still awkward.

Y/n had just finished up rehearsal with Medda, giving that her show was in two days.

She walks out of the Bowery and starts heading home.

"Hey stranger."

She heard an all too familiar voice in the dark.

"Hey Spot."

The boy walked over and stood in front of her, smiling his beautiful smile.

"Where ya been doll face? Ise missed ya." He says and they start walking.

"Things have been happening lately I guess." She says looking at the ground.

"Wow wow wow. Tell me I'm dreamin!" He stops walking, causing y/n to stop as well.

"Tell me I did not just hear sadness come out of such a beautiful goils mouth!" He moves in front of her and lifts her chin up with his finger, making her look in his eyes. A tear falls from her e/c eyes.

He pulls her into a hug.

"It's okay beautiful goil. Everythin is gonna be just fine, I promise." He whispers to her over and over as she cries in his shoulder.

"Everything is so messed up and it's all my fault." She cries out. He abruptly pulls away, grabbing her shoulders and looking into her eyes.

"None of dis is your fault and I don't eva want to hear that come out of your pretty little mouth eva again, ya hear me?" He says very serious.

She nods.

Spot laces his fingers into hers and they continue walking.

"Everything is going to be okay." He says softly.