Chapter 28

TW for this chapter. Just some mentions of abuse and some verbal abuse.

~

"Now all wese gotta do is tell the othas."

~

There it was. The thing y/n has been dreading.

"Yeah I guess." She mumbles into the crook of his neck.

Crutchie smiles at her and finally pulls out of the hug. He wipes her tears with the end of his sleeve. She smiles at him.

She stands up and puts her hand out for him to grab.

"Wese should probably head inside now," he starts; he grabs his crutch and dusts the dirt off it. "I thinks wese both know that da boys are still awake." He chuckles. "I'm pretty sure youse scared Race to death!" He states, causing y/n to laugh.

"Yeah I think youse is right." She says.

The two walk down the fire escape and climb into the window. Crutchie goes in first, followed by y/n.

She steps in and every boy in the room shoots up in there beds, looking at the girl.

She nervously chuckles, rubbing the back of her neck.

"H-heya boys." She says smiling awkwardly.

- time skip -

Y/n had told the boys that they could all meet up at Tibby's so she could explain everything (She wanted to make sure Davey got an explanation as well).

This brings us to now.

The boys surround the girl, waiting for her to explain.

They had been antsy all day. She had practically been torturing them, making them wait all night (which barely anyone had slept) and making them sell papes all day. This was the moment they had been waiting for.

They were all on the edge of there seats.

"Okay." She says, clapping her hands together.

- flashback -

Y/n rests for a second.

She had been scrubbing the floor for over two hours.

She dips the sponge back in the soapy water and starts scrubbing again. She can't risk being caught slacking.

Y/n had been in the orphanage for a little over 2 years now.

She had been arrested for stealing an apple; the judge had decided to send her to hell- oh I mean the orphanage.

A little shit hole of an orphanage on the far side of Brooklyn. How she ended up in Brooklyn, well she doesn't know.

She hates every minute of living here.

She's tried to run away 17 times since she got here.

After a while she just got tired, and gave up.

It was hard enough with all the abuse and beatings she received.

Y/n was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard her name being yelled.

"Y/N GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE! SOMEONE IS HERE TO SEE YOU!" Mrs. Snyder yelled from downstairs.

Yes you heard correct. Mrs. Snyder, as in Mr. Snyder's wife. She ran the orphanage while he ran the refuge.

"Coming Mrs. Snyder." Y/n said, drying her hands on her skirt and making her way down the stairs to the parlor.

I wonder who could be here for me. I don't know anyone-