Chpt. •1

I remember that on my birthday my friends saluted me as I turned 15. Able to shift. And how I couldn't keep from grinning so big that it hurt. I remember the smell of tamales and steak and wine... how the little kids ran around screaming in pure joy as they played.I remember the look on my mother,the luna had the glint in her eyes, smiling and laughing with the other adults, how my father the alpha would joke around with the little boys, who some will turn out to be warriors for me at some point or another. I remember how everything was filled with music and and chatter.And how some guys would be very polite to ask if I would love to dance and how I agreed.

Every one, the whole pack was here.I remember how the younger girls were super shy and they would come upon me to wish me happy birthday, followed by compliments. I remember how it wasn't a happy birthday. And the laughter was replaced with shrill screaming, the Mexican music, replaced by growls and cries of pain, my quincenera ruined, the wolves attacking, me just standing as everything happened around me and asthere as the males who once had joy on their faces now looked ready to kill before shifting... Everything I saw before me. Wondering why, and how I stood and never said anything as I was being carried off by a random stranger, and then how he was tripped by my fathers beta's son, my bestest friend, and how I rolled down the hill with twigs mud and stones poking at me and my white dress covered in mud was ruined before standing to see a wolf come jumping at me snarling- - - -

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP... My alarm went off as my eyes darted to check the time.-6:00-

I hadn't gotten any sleep and my whole time and I was thinking about that day for 6 full hours... That dreaded day, was today, the day I turn 19. 4 years since it happened. 4.

***

I had taken a shower and now I was rummaging through the little closet I have. I picked out a pair of Ripped up skinny jeans and White converse with a white loosened tee... I then looked at myself in the mirror of the little bathroom across the hall. My eyes were a mix of Carmel and golden brown, it was how when you chew a chocolate bar that the Carmel flow right out. It was that color. My hair was raven pitch black and my skin pale. But not entirely. I brushed my hair...dark bags under my eyes...i sighed and left my hair down...

I walked down the creaky steps and saw Rita. The women I live with. She found me in the woods and took me in as hers. I was forever grateful for her kindness and with that I helped her around the little house." Hey my dear" Rita said to me." Hey Rita, got anything for me to get done before heading off to school." I replied. She shook her head and walked away. I walked out of the door, heading off to a new school since me and her moved. I walked and once I reached school I felt a pang of Twisting knots in my stomach. It was 3 weeks before school ended and I will be on my way to someplace.

Once I got in from those front doors and got stares from everyone, I knew exactly what they were staring at, and it was my eyes, and how much the mix between my hair and eyes were rare. I stood tall and broad ignoring lust filled eyes and glares.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Okay please like and the dress up top or on the side is the one she wore for her sweet fifteen also known asa. Quincener

Vote/Comment/share