THREE / THIS IS NOT A DRILL

"I hope the ripples in the water will make it all a little harder."

Ripples Maximillian

AFTER THE UNFORTUNATE TURN OF EVENTS, River still followed Sarah and Topper to the Boneyard

AFTER THE UNFORTUNATE TURN OF EVENTS, River still followed Sarah and Topper to the Boneyard. As much as she hated parties, she enjoyed going to the Boneyard. It was a place where she wouldn't only be surrounded by Kooks; it was a place where she could actually see what it's like outside of her prim and proper neighborhood. To her, it was a place where she didn't have to act like a Kook. Even though she didn't act like a Kook anyways. People still saw her as one, which was quite unfortunate in her opinion.

She enjoyed watching the tourists, but she especially enjoyed watching the Pogues. They weren't entitled, and they didn't act like they were. All they cared about was having fun in their own way. They didn't care what other people thought of them, they didn't care how they looked, or even how they dressed. River would give anything to understand how their mind worked. Yet, of course, she would probably never know.

River found herself sitting alone, which she didn't mind. She always ended up alone at parties. It was better than drinking or doing drugs, or more importantly, trying to get into some drunk individuals pants. She would always find that absolutely appalling. She saw some drunk Kook try and get into a tourists pants when she noticed something else - an undeniably attractive Pogue was arguing with Topper. She didn't pay too much attention to it until she saw the boy who works for the Cameron's, John B, jump in the middle of the two. River was squinting her eyes at this point, trying to see what was going on. At that point, John B and Topper began throwing punches at one another. She could even faintly make out Sarah calling out for her boyfriend to stop harassing the poor kid. River couldn't believe what she saw next, Topper was actually holding John B under the water. What was he going to do? Drown him? Any respect she had for Topper left her body at once. Just as she was about to run over to Sarah, she saw the handome Pogue from earlier press something against Topper's head - demanding an immediate stop.

"Holy shit," River put her hand up to her mouth as she realized what it actually was - a gun. Part of River's damaged mind thought it made the Pogue a little bit hotter, but the smart part of her brain understood how fucked up things just got.

The gun caused Topper to back away from the flushed John B, and it caused everyone else to immediately start freaking out. Within the next few seconds, the boy held the gun in the air - firing it. He yelled something that River couldn't quite make out, but she knew it must've been something along the lines of: get the fuck out.

A young tourist was standing next to River, too shocked to move. River turned towards the girl, saying, "This is not a drill. Go, now."

The tourist immediately recognized what was happening and ran away from the Kook. Among the crowds of fleeting individuals, River eventually found Sarah.