FIVE / YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

"True love is nothing but a war, it's all the same."
TRUE LOVE, nothing,nowhere.

Later that day, River ended up at the Cameron house

Later that day, River ended up at the Cameron house. She didn't really think too much of what JJ said, seeing as he was a Pogue and they could never really work together. He was still cute in her mind, and that would most likely never change. But, something trumped all of her thoughts of him. Her brother. She wanted to know what happened that night, and she knew how to find out.

"Hey, you'll never guess what happened," Sarah was attempting to make conversation with her best friend, but River only pushed her out of the way.

Sarah followed a furious River into the kitchen, where they were both met with a confused Rafe.

River could feel the redness running up her face, "What the hell happened that night?"

Rafe laughed, shaking his head, "What are you talking about?"

"Rowan is dead because of you, isn't he?"

"River," The smile immediately left Rafe's face, "You think I had something to do with that?"

"Kyle wanted me to tell you that he says hi," River noticed the guilty expression on Rafe's face, before she stormed out of the Cameron household. She didn't even turn around when Sarah called her name. But, of course, Sarah stayed behind to figure out what happened.

River did not know where exactly she planned on going, but it was going to be somewhere far away from here. She knew what she was doing, and she didn't really care. She didn't want to see her family, or any other Kook.

When River reached her house, her parents were nowhere to be found; River liked it that way. But, it wouldn't matter too much. Faster than she had ever ran, she made her way up to her room. She grabbed her backpack and started throwing random clothing items in it. She didn't care what she was grabbing, she just wanted out of the Kook life.

And just like before, the next place she went was a little tourist attraction — her old friends restaurant.

River didn't want to just barge into the restaurant, so she just sat on the front curb. River didn't even realize how much time had passed before she heard a voice echo out from behind her, "What are you doing here?"

River looked up to Kiara with a sullen expression, "I don't have anywhere else to go. I can't go back knowing what I know."

"What do you know?" Kiara sat down beside the girl, slightly concerned.

"My brother's death," River still couldn't grasp exactly what she was saying, "It's Rafe's fault."

Words couldn't explain the look Kiara had on her face, "What?"

"A drug deal gone wrong — Rafe's drug deal," River looked down at her feet, "I don't want to be a Kook anymore. I can't."

"That makes two of us," Kiara didn't know what else to do, so she leaned her head on River's shoulder.

"I miss you, Ki," River didn't see a point in hiding the truth anymore.

"I miss you, Riv," Kiara let out a slight laugh, "And I know where you can go."

"You do?"

"Come with me," Kiara stood up, grabbing River's hand.

Within fifteen minutes, they were on Pogue territory; and a few minutes later, they ended up at what looked like a shack.

She saw three boys, and only one of them turned around at the approaching feet — JJ.

Published:  Fri May 1
Sorry for the short and late update, it's finals week :(
Longer update tomorrow. Thanks for the reads!!