丂乇ᐯ乇几

"Ah, my lord, you look adorable," you complimented while Urokodaki was still prepping him up. His cheeks blossomed into different hues of red, signyfying that your words flustered him so. He was wearing a blue haori with cloud patterns all over him, and to add as a finishing touch, a fox mask strapped on his head. Overall, he looked endearing and it took all of your willpower not to squish him.

The two shared some words in regards to their temporary parting, with you just looking at the two before setting your eyes on the sky above you. Everything looked so serene, that it was as if demons who devoured humans didn't exist. Well, if only that was the case. "It may sound like I'm sugarcoating my words, but I am quite sure that you are going to become a demon slayer as soon as you finished the test," you said to him as you two walked towards the place where the Final Selection will be held.

"I-I'm flattered. But only me? How about you?" He asked, with you just listening intently to his query before opening your mouth to provide an answer. "It is definite that I am going to pass as well, however, I'm putting your results above me since I will be making sure that nothing would get in your way," you smiled at him before setting your eyes in front, as if something would be able to make you trip. 

"If you're getting tired, do you perhaps want me to act as some sort of vehicle for you instead?" And as you knelt down so that he would be able to ride on your back, he shook his head so fast you were worried it might come off. "You've already asked me that.. and my answer is still a no. If I wouldn't be able to get through this, then how else would I become a part of the demon slaying corps?" He crossed his arms before you sighed, standing up and returning back to your original position. "It's just that, my lord, I feel so worthless if I wouldn't be able to do anything for you," you reasoned out, hoping that you would be able to change his mind, but alas, your words didn't bloom into fruition. 

"Y/n, you're not worthless. It's just that I don't want you wasting your energy because of me," he gave you a scolding glance, to which you smiled at. "But I wouldn't exactly call it 'wasting'. After all, I will do anything you ask of me without hesitation," and at your words, he felt the tips of his ears reddening.

Man, look at the effect you have on him.

After not listening to the words those look-a-likes spoke and just examining the surroundings, you pulled your fan out as they finished blabbering before finally glancing at your master. "My lord, shall we go now?" You beckoned for him to walk in front of you just so you can watch out for anyone who dares to attack him. 

Hours have passed, with you killing any demons that tried to have a chance at devouring the one you were currently serving. But jokes on them, before the thought even flashes their mind, you took care of them already.

Weaklings.

"It seems that we have to spend seven days here in this hellhole. Not that bad, I suppose," came in you who tried to break the silence. Not once has a demon tried to attack him, and it made Tanjiro wonder all the more as to why. "Y/n.. are you the reason why.." He trailed off, and you knew what he was about to say.

"It's only my job, after all," and as you sensed something horrendous nearing you two, you carried him, bridal style, before jumping off to the highest tree you could find as of the moment. His face was close to your chest, which meant that he wasn't able to see what you currently have your eyes laid on yet. "Oh would you look at that," you stared at the humongoues creature, amused. Looks like you will have your fun sooner than you thought. 

"I never signed up for this!" Shrieked a boy as he tried running away from the humongous creature, and as Tanjiro heard this, he was curious as to why someone sounded that desparate to flee. As Tanjiro finally looked at it, his eyes widened in surprise, horror filling his nerves. That was.. no ordinary demon. With one careless move as you fight it, you'd be dead without a second thought.

Unfortunate for one examinee, he got eaten and that was all there is to it. You covered Tanjiro's eyes as you sighed, finally knowing once again how frail a human actually is. "Fool, why join the Final Selection if you weren't cut out for it," you mumbles under your breath. As you sensed the emotion flowing out of the one you're carrying, you met his eyes before flashing him a smile, as if nothing out of the ordinary was currently happening.

"Sire, would you like to attack it? I would be more than happy to provide you assistance," you asked him, your eyes meeting his. With a sense of determination, he nodded, and it took you one jump before landing on the ground swwiftly. 'I won't be a wimp anymore!' He shouted in his mind as a wave of courage washes over him.

As the morphed demon finally caught on to its next supposed victim, it opened its mouth to speak. "Hm.. Another sweet little fox for me to finish off," it said, and Tanjiro just looked at it with wonder as he finally stood on his ground. "Another?" He asked, yet his question was met with another inquiry. "What period is it now?"

"Taisho period," and as Tanjiro answered him, the morphed demon made a tantrum like a little child. "How long has it been since I've been put here?! Damn you, Urokodaki!" It wailed, and just for precautionary measures, you stood in front of Tanjiro, knowing that it may attack any minute and you would be dead before you let any harm come to him. 

As the two 'conversed', the demon may have said something that truly angered Tanjiro to the point that he'd recklessly attack. "My lord!" You gritted your teeth as you came in after him, "Please think of your actions thorougly!" You shouted, yet it seems that no matter what words you say, he was so deep into it that he cared for nothing else other than to wipe out this abomination from existence.

He jumped from one arm before cutting it, making you feel a sense of accomplishment. Though you shook your head, now wasn't the time for that. As the demon raised an arm, it hit Tanjiro and it was only seconds before he hit the bark of a tree, losing his consciousness after. 

You were too slow.

Had you moved fast enough, you might've been able to prevent this from happening.

He was hurt now, and it was all because of you.

You even said that you'll accompany him.

How a lowly servant you are.

"Playtime's over," you said, and it caught the attention of the demon. As it finally recognized who you are, it seemed to shrink into pieces, fearing what might soon happen to him. "You've laid an finger on him, and it truly would be proper that I kill who has done this to him," as black shadows encased your arm, you sped forward. Cutting every arms of his at lightning speed with only your hands, you didn't stop. You wanted his end to be filled with agony. Using your fan, you swiped it towards its torso, providing a clean cut as he slid to the ground. His wails never reaching your ears since it truly made you all the more furious. "I've masked my presence and you should've noticed it before committing such act in front of me. However, I shall let my master provide you the finishing touch," and as you stared it down, you used your powers as a demon to intimidate it, with it no longer able to move. Maybe you could act this one out so that Tanjiro would feel better about himself?  

Here he comes, you thought to yourself. "First Form: Water Surface Slash!" Entered his voice that resonated throughout the whole forestry. Your smile was unwavering as you watched him. It made your eyebrows furrow once you saw the sympathy he showed the demon, with his little hands holding onto its giant ones. He was hurt because of it, so why on Earth did he have to do an act such as this? Nevertheless, you shook your head. He was too nice for his own good, and you knew that soon, it might be the cause of his own downfall.

You walked closer to him before placing a hand on his shoulder, 

"Congratulations for defeating it, my lord," and you ruffled his hair. You didn't miss the red that tainted his cheeks after you did so.