[2]

DAYS REMAINING: 66

DAYS REMAINING: 66

MONDAY MORNINGS SUCKED. LUNA WANTED to scream at her alarm clock as it sounded out to wake her up. She just wanted to sleep all day and skip school, but her mother would never let her do that.

By the time she got to school, her mood was slightly better because now she had food in her stomach and downed her much needed iced coffee.

East High was very lively for this early in the morning, but it was their typical environment. This energy and environment is what draws people to want to go to school there.

Luna happened to be on the welcoming committee for new students, so for the past couple of weeks she has been showing around a new sophomore, Gina Porter. Although there was a one year age gap, the two were getting along quite nicely and considered each other as a friend.

"LU, LUNA! HEY!" A voice called from slightly down the hallway from her. Speak of the devil, Gina was calling out for her new friend.

With a smile gracing her lips, Luna met up with the lively girl at their lockers. One of the perks of being welcome buddies was that their lockers were next to each other as a way to help the new student have a familiar face near them if they needed anything.

"Hey G, how are you?"

"I'm doing quite well, you?" Luna replied with the same before Gina continued, "Can you please do me a favor?" The junior paused putting her books in her locker, turning to give a look of confusion towards her friend.

"Depends," she answered slowly. "What do you need?"

"I just need you to come to the table read with me today for the play. I really don't know any of them, so I just want someone there that I can talk to." The girl's eyes glistened as she begged Luna.

Gina had scored the role of Taylor McKessie in East High's first ever production of High School Musical. Although she much rather have gotten the role of Gabriella, which was secured by Nini Salazar-Roberts, she was just happy to have gotten a role in the first place. She was very bitter about it though, but was trying to remain positive. Gina had told her best friend how the two lead roles were taken by people who weren't used to being the leads, let alone one who hadn't even been in any type of role before. She hadn't mentioned who the two people were though.

With a sigh, Luna answered, "I mean I guess I can. I don't know much about musicals. You're the only one I know who is in it, but I'll go to it for you," she smiled.

Gina wrapped the girl in a tight hug, expressing her gratitude. "You don't know how much I appreciate you." Luna laughed at that with a shake of her head.

They gathered their books for their first few classes before heading down the hallway as they chatted about their weekend.

A grin spread across Gina's face as she remembered something she heard through the grapevine. "So enough about my boring weekend. I heard you got a little action on Saturday," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.