[4]

Later that day, Gina had shown up at the skate park, ambushing Ricky when he arrived

Later that day, Gina had shown up at the skate park, ambushing Ricky when he arrived. She told him how she needed him in the play to give them all a little street cred, but also because him being an outsider helps keep them all on their toes, mentioning how he kept them real. What really struck something inside of him was when she told him that he had his own style.

He became inspired to learn the choreography to impress Nini the next day. He stayed up very late to watch the original High School Musical movie, mirroring their dance moves. His dad made fun of him for it, but even he was impressed with his son's hard work and effort.

The next day, Ricky had gotten the attention of Carlos in the library, showing him the moves he had learned last night. He needed a few minor tweaks, but ultimately he had the steps down. Carlos was very impressed as well as really happy that their lead wasn't going to quit on them. He was not the only one impressed though. The peering eyes of Nini had seen him do the moves from the other side of the library's shelf. It was safe to say that Ricky's goal of impressing her had worked, unfortunately he was unaware of that as she did not make her presence known.

After school, Luna decided she would once again show up at rehearsal for Gina. She decided to take a short cut through the auditorium, walking in on Ashlyn as she played the piano. Her singing and playing ceased immediately when she noticed Luna.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt! I didn't know anyone was in here," Luna apologized.

"Oh no, I can be gone in seven seconds. Six if I don't zip my bag!" Ashlyn spoke, already gathering her things.

"No, no you're good! I was just passing through. What were you playing? It sounded really good," she offered a smile.

Ashlyn smiled back, scooting over on the bench for Luna to take a seat next to her. She explained that she was working on a song for her character, Ms. Darbus, to sing in act two. "It's called Wondering. Do you want to hear it?" Luna happily nodded in response to.

Ashlyn began to sing, "Seems like a part of me will always have to lose. Every single time I have to choose. Swore that it felt right, but was I wrong? Is this where I'm supposed to be at all? I don't have the answers, not today. It's like nothing makes the questions go away. What I'd give to see, if the grass was greener." Luna nodded along to the beat, smiling happily. Ashlyn was such a great singer. She was stunned.

Luna related to the words. She never felt like she won at anything in her life. She lost her father, lost when it came to the amount of days she had left, and always lost when it came to boys. She wanted the answers to why her life was like this, and when it would be her turn to win? Why did she have to have such a short amount of time left compared to everyone else? It upset her to think about it.

"On the other side of all I've had and lost. Would it be enough? Or would I still be wondering?"

Ashlyn absolutely lit up as she continued to sing. There was no doubt that the sophomore belonged on the stage.