[30]

DAYS REMAINING: 1

DAYS REMAINING: 1

THINGS HAD TAKEN A TURN for the worst in the middle of Tuesday night. Luna Crawford had become so sick that her mother decided it was time to take her to the hospital. There was only so much that they could do, but at least they could make Luna more comfortable as she awaited her dreadful fate.

Hospitals surprisingly were one of Luna's favorite places to be. When she was younger, her dream job was to become a pediatric nurse at the very hospital she was now admitted to. The desire to help people and cure them from their illnesses was something she thought was so amazing that all she ever dreamed of was becoming a nurse.

Now she would never get the chance to achieve her dream. Knowing this, hospitals didn't seem as favorable as she had once thought. The one thing she still favored was the hospital staff's hard work and dedication to making sure they did all they could for their patients, including Luna.

Luna woke up from her slumber to the steady sound of her heart rate monitor and gentle beeping of other machines she was hooked up to. Her head rolled to the side, adjusting to the soft light coming through the cracks in the shades, to find both her mother and boyfriend asleep in the chairs next to her bed.

Luna had no idea when Ricky got there because she hadn't even had the opportunity to tell him she was going to the hospital. It was a little hectic from being so sick to getting into the ambulance to being poked and prodded by hospital staff when she arrived. At the first calm moment, she decided she needed to sleep. It was her mother who made the call to Ricky when her daughter was asleep.

She decided against waking them up to let them know she was awake. They looked peaceful and unstressed as they slept. Her one desire was to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Instead, she reached for her iphone on her bedside table, deciding to text both Nini and Gina about where she was. They deserved to know, at the very least, since they both were aware of how her condition was worsening. She knew she wouldn't get a response since it was still quite early in the morning, and it was winter break so of course the girls would be sleeping in.

While Luna had busied herself playing solitaire on her phone, Ricky's head had become a victim to gravity, slowly sinking to the side until he nearly fell over in his chair due to the weight of his head. He instantly snapped upwards after his head dropped. His face showing his extreme tiredness and momentary confusion as to where he was. It took him a moment to rub his eyes before they settled on the girl whose focus was set on her phone.

"Luna!" He exclaimed, immediately receiving a shush in return from her as she snapped her head towards him, motioning to her sleeping mother next to him. Ricky mouthed a 'sorry' to her.

She motioned with her hand for him to come closer to her bed. He sat partly on the bed, which received a roll of her eyes before she motioned for him to actually lay next to her. He was afraid of hurting her, so he tried to be as gentle as possible when he was getting next to her. Ricky had taken in her appearance. Her skin looked pale and patchy, her breathing seemed a bit shallow, and she overall looked frail and vulnerable.