[15]

DAYS REMAINING: 37

DAYS REMAINING: 37

TWO DAYS AFTER THEIR VICTORY of keeping their theater teacher from being fired, one of the students had then encountered a major loss. Luna Crawford's father had passed away in the night. Time had run out for him. His amount of days hitting the dreadful number of zero. He hadn't warned either of the girls in his house, as he wanted their last memories to be good and candid. He wanted a normal last day, not having people change their behaviors and schedules just because it was his last day. He couldn't do that to them; he didn't want that.

When the news was delivered to Luna by her mother, she was sent into hysterics. She was in denial at first, thinking her mom was pulling a sick joke on her. Then she saw her dad for herself, realizing this was no joke. Her dad was actually gone.

The pent up hate she had for him when he left them for a couple years was gone as she had only now remembered the good memories and the time she spent with him in the past couple of weeks.

She really didn't know how to cope with this loss. It had her so messed up that she hadn't left her bed all day, skipping school, and not eating a single crumb of food. She spent the day just crying, ignoring all of the texts and calls from her friends and boyfriend. None of them were aware of the fact that their friend's dad had passed away that morning.

The theater gang was a bit worried after seeing Luna's absence from both school and rehearsal along with all their messages and calls being ignored all day. Even Miss Jenn was a bit concerned as she had noticed that Luna was missing from the crowd of teens she was leading.

A few of them showed up at her house after rehearsal, Ricky included, but were turned away by Luna's mother as she knew that her daughter needed space today more than the comfort of her friends. No explanation was given, but each person was respectful and left their household. Ricky put up a bit of a fight and was hesitant to leave without getting any answers, but he knew his girlfriend would tell him eventually what was going on. He was the one person the girl wouldn't have minded to see, but her mom sent the boy away.

"Are you sure I can't see her? Just for a minute?" Ricky tried to convince Mrs. Crawford. The mother managed to softly smile at the boy, despite the heavy weight on her shoulders from the death of her husband.

"I'm sorry, Ricky. I promise she is okay, but right now I don't think she wants to see anyone." He nodded, defeated.

"Will you tell her I stopped by?" He asked. When Mrs. Crawford nodded, he let out a hefty sigh before turning away. The teen watched from her window as her boyfriend retreated to his car and drove away.

Luna agreed with her mom's decision, feeling it was best to be left alone in her grief for a day before she told everyone what was going on. Or so she thought.