[8]

WALKING INTO EAST HIGH, THE boys hooked arms with their pretty date

WALKING INTO EAST HIGH, THE boys hooked arms with their pretty date. The school was lit up while music was blaring, along with many people scattered throughout the hallways and gym.

"Thanks for taking me tonight boys," Luna smiled thankfully as they walked into the gym, taking in the beautiful set up of the dance.

Big Red answered, "No problem! Tonight will be so much fun. We didn't want you to miss out, some of us more than others," he winked at Ricky. Luna heard what he said, but didn't quite process it so she just smiled at the boy.

"Let's go get our picture taken!" Big Red yelled, pulling the two with him.

The trio took a few photos. One where both boys kissed her cheek. Another one where Ricky and Luna held up Big Red. Of course, Luna made them take one normal smiling one. Big Red then forced the two to take a solo picture together. He knew something was going to happen between them, so he might as well make them have memories together of just the two of them. The two did your average prom-like poses with bright, wide smiles. Anyone who passed the booth could see how adorable the two were together.

Once they gathered their pictures, they headed off to their table with the rest of the theater gang. Carlos squealed when he saw Luna with the two boys. He gushed about how pretty she looked, the rest of the table agreeing with him.

Ricky and Luna sat next to each other while Big Red took a seat next to Ashlyn. Ooh la la.

"Carlos, where's Seb? I thought you two were coming here together," Luna asked, feeling slightly bad that his date wasn't there.

Carlos fidgeted. "I don't know. He should be here by now." He stared down at the watch on his wrist.

Ashlyn suggested, "Maybe there's bad traffic?"

"There hasn't been traffic in Salt Lake City since the 2002 Winter Olympics," Carlos stated, feeling a bit heartbroken that he was probably stood up.

Luna tried to comfort him. She grabbed his hand from across the table. "I'm sure he will be here and will have a good reason for being late. Don't give up yet," she offered a small smile. He nodded, smiling back at her. Luna was one of the sweetest people he had ever met. She always was encouraging others and comforting them when they needed it. What a pure soul.

Soon Gina and EJ entered the dance. The entire table was watching them. "How could EJ move on that fast? This dude steals my girlfriend, and then 12 seconds after they break up, he is already playing the field," Ricky muttered lowly. Luna only gave him a slight look, telling him not to get started with that.

The couple reached the table, asking if the seats were taken. No one answered for a hot second so Luna spoke up. "Nope, sit!"

"Thanks Lu," Gina replied, taking a seat on the other side of her. "You look stunning, girly! I thought you weren't coming tonight?"