[6]

DAYS REMAINING: 47

DAYS REMAINING: 47

LUNA CRAWFORD WAS ON CLOUD NINE. Her life was going extremely well. She was even closer to Gina then she thought she ever would, became pretty good friends with all the theater kids due to her presence at every rehearsal, and was on good terms with Ricky again. What possibly could go wrong now?

Miss Jenn had given up on the whole idea that rehearsals were closed to outsiders as Luna kept appearing at almost every rehearsal to hang out with Gina, Ricky, Big Red, and the rest of the cast. As long as she didn't stand in the way of this production, the drama teacher was fine with it at this point.

While the cast and crew were waiting to enter the rehearsal room, EJ and Nini had a full blow argument in front of them. Luna and Big Red shared a look, trying to mind their business, but they knew this was not going to end well.

Luna turned to her friend Angela next to her. "What are they fighting about now?" She asked, staring at the couple fighting a few feet away.

Angela replied, "I think I heard that the asshole stole her phone and went through it or something."

Luna's face scrunched up. "That's so messed up. Just because they are dating doesn't mean he can just take her phone and go through it. He has no right. Boys," she grumbled, rolling her eyes. The other girl agreed, shaking her head.

They were catching bits and pieces of the conversation as the volume of their voices were fluctuating. "Gina's not the wonder-study I need to worry about, is she?" Nini snapped as she told her boyfriend off for stealing her phone and deleting messages off of it. The comment was heard by everyone in the cast. Everyone was shocked as they watched the power couple they once knew fight in front of all of them. EJ even spilled that he was the reason Nini got to play Marian the librarian in the summer play due to him sabotaging the lead. It was clear it was probably the end of their relationship.

To make matters even worse for the two, EJ would now have to step in for Troy when they blocked a Troy and Gabriella duet scene since Ricky was running late.

Ricky's mother had caught an earlier flight, arriving home instead of meeting them at the restaurant later like they had planned. His parents had spilled the unfortunate news that his mother was going to be permanently moving to Chicago. They had decided they were going to legally separate. This left Ricky feeling hurt, confused, and beyond mad. He somehow had to make it through a rehearsal with all of this on his mind while also missing the script for the part he needed today.

The rehearsal was awful. Big Red didn't know what it meant to strike a chair or the difference between upstage and downstage. Ricky had shown up late and unprepared. Nini and EJ were clearly in bad moods, unable to convey in the scene that they were in love. The teacher was on edge, getting frustrated with the kids. Luna just sat there watching it all unfold next to Gina, who was enjoying all the chaos. She felt bad for Ricky though, who was getting some mean treatment from the teacher when he was clearly having a bad day. The only thing Luna could do to appease his day and make it slightly better was to offer him a kind smile, which he mustered up a very small smile and nod in return.