[29]

DAYS REMAINING: 4

DAYS REMAINING: 4

"ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE OKAY? You've been sick for a couple days now," Ricky asked worriedly. He was dropping Luna off at her house after their date. They went to the movie theater, but towards the end of the movie Luna felt nauseous, which caused her to spend the rest of the movie in the bathroom throwing up. Poor boy was oblivious to what was really going on with his girlfriend.

Luna waved him off. "Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, babe."

She hesitated when getting out of the car, placing her hand on the handle, but not actually opening the door. "Ricky," she sighed, looking towards him. "I-I just want you to know that I really do love you a lot. And I'm very thankful to have had you as a boyfriend," she said gratefully.

"Had?" He questioned, greatly confused as to where this was even coming from. It sounded like she was going to break up with him, but she wouldn't say that she loves him if she was planning on doing that. Right?

"Oh, um, I didn't mean it like that." She mentally scolded herself for the slip up. "But for real, Ricky, I love you so much. Please don't ever forget that," she said, grabbing his hand while giving him an adoring smile. His confusion slipped away as a loving smile appeared on his face since her smile was contagious to look at. The sweet moment faded away when she started coughing really hard.

His smile faded, quickly moving to place his hand on her back comfortingly. "Woah, hey, are you okay?" Luna nodded, brushing the coughing fit off as she inhaled deeply. Ricky was worried about his girlfriend. He just wanted her to feel better already. He didn't want to see her feeling bad all the time like she has been the past few days. "I love you too. So, so much, Lu."

A soft smile returned to Luna's lips. She leaned over to place a quick peck on his lips. "Thank you for the cute movie date today." She slipped out of the car door, closing it behind her before resting her arms on the open window. "I'll call you later, babe."

He nodded, sending her a cute smile in return. "I'll be looking forward to it. Bye Moonie."

With one last exchange of loving glances, she stepped away from the car and watched as he pulled out of her driveway, and drove away down the street. Luna immediately deflated when he was out of sight, feeling absolutely dreadful.

When Luna entered her house, her mother called out to her immediately. "Lu, honey, come to the kitchen!" Following orders, the girl dropped her bag off on the steps before making her way to the kitchen to greet her mom.

"Hey," she breathed out, grabbing a freshly baked cookie off the cooling rack. "What's up?"

"Hands off the cookies," her mother scolded before adding, "I just wanted to check in with you. How was your date?"

Luna grimaced. "It was going really well until I had to spend the last fourth of the movie in the bathroom, getting sick."

Her mother cooed, putting down her baking items to grab her daughter to pull her into a hug. "I'm sorry, Lu. This is all so awful, and I wish you weren't experiencing it," she whispered sadly to Luna.