[10]

DAYS REMAINING: 44

DAYS REMAINING: 44

LUNA COULDN'T CONTAIN HER TEARS after the night of the dance as she realized that she had finally found a good guy, but lacked enough days to spend with him. She had lied to him about how much time she had left, but couldn't bring herself to tell him the truth. Instead of instantly telling him like she felt she should, she settled on telling him when it felt right- whenever that would be.

It had been a few days since the dance. The new couple had been texting, calling and facetiming every single day, multiple times. They hadn't hung out because Luna was trying to spend as much time with her dad as she could before his days ran out, which her boyfriend respected.

Ricky met up with Luna at her locker at the end of the school day, as it was the first time that they had actually been alone with each other all day. Miss Jenn had canceled the rehearsal for today, saying she had some personal matters to attend to, whatever that meant. Nobody questioned her as they all really needed a free day.

Ricky came up behind the girl, snaking an arm around her waist before placing a kiss on her cheek. Tingles started in the spot where his lips were just placed on her cheek. Butterflies erupted in her stomach at the gesture.

"Hi babe," he said in her ear, bringing goosebumps on her skin at the pet name. It felt weird that he was calling her that as she wasn't fully used to being in a relationship with him yet.

She closed her locker, whirling around to look at her brown eyed boyfriend. "Hey Ric," she smiled, laying a quick peck on his lips. "Ready to go?" He nodded, grabbing ahold of her hand as they walked down the hall towards the exit of the school.

The two were finally going to spend some time together, just chilling at her house for a bit after school. Ricky was going to attempt to teach her how to skateboard on their way to her house. She didn't live too far from East High, so they were okay with walking/ skating home.

"How was your day?" He asked, interested in hearing how it went since he didn't get to see her much.

"Not the most eventful, but it's better now that I am with you," she replied cheekily, bumping into his side. He placed his free hand on his heart, awing at his girlfriend's comment. "How about you?"

His face scrunched up a bit. "Kind of sucked. I got a C on my math quiz, which I was hoping I would do better on, but it's fine."

She nodded, knowing the feeling of not doing well on a school assignment that you thought you did good on. "I'm sorry, babe. I'll help you with it, if you want me to sometime."

"That would be much appreciated," he let out a little laugh, knowing his girlfriend was a math genius.

On their way home, he tried to teach her to skateboard, but she kept losing her balance on the board or freaking out if it went a little faster than she was comfortable with. It went better once he just held her hand while she stood on the board, not doing any work as he pulled her along.