Chapter 10: We Own The Night

Wyatt's P.O.V.

I had gotten dressed as a Seabrook public worker and was in Seabrook Power trying to see what was going on.

'Attention, attention Werewolves have been spotted in the area. All anti-monster laws are in effect. Return to your homes immediately.' the speakers around the town sounded.

Damn it.

I immediately ran out with the rest of the public workers. I couldn't help but think of my mate. I wonder how she was doing. Was she okay? Was she hurt?

I could feel it in the mate bond that she was okay, so it made me feel at ease. Despite the frustration I had over Willa's decision to reveal herself and the wolves.

As I ran through Seabrook, I stopped as I saw a little zombie girl putting up a picture of a werewolf. I've seen her a few times with Veronica before the past couple months.

"Have you seen a werewolf around? I'm looking for a werewolf friend." she explained.

"Silly kid, there's no such thing as werewolves." I said.

"But, we heard it howl." she added.

"Maybe it was a hiker saying "Howl's it going?"" I told her.

"We saw a werewolf! Veronica even saw it." she said.

I gave her a look at the mention of her name. Was this an effect wolves had with their mates?

"My, what big eyes you have." she said.

"Zoey! Come inside now!" the zombie I believed was her dad said. She ran to him and I ripped the poster down and walked to the Forbidden Forest.

I walked through the forest until I got to the wolf den.

"He's back! Wolves!" I heard Willa command.

I took off the helmet and lame glasses and gave them to another pack member, ripping off the worker outfit.

One of the wolves opened my box that held my necklace. It glowed as she put it on me and I went over to Wesley, another pack mate who knows about my mate and just like Wynter, wants to meet her. He opened his box and painted back my markings.

When I was done, I turned and snarled at Willa my eyes gold and moonstone glowing.

"What did you find out?" she asked.

"They saw you howling, Willa." I replied.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "So?"

I held up the poster. "We're exposed."

Willa let out a laugh as she took it form my hand. "Looks nothing like us, Wyatt. We have way better hair than that."

"Stop being such a worry-wolf, brother. I only said 'Awooo'. It's like saying 'Ciao'. Or 'Aloha'. Or 'I'll rip your throat out.' Anyway, who cares what they think? It's a terrible town." she finished.

"We have to find the Great Alpha." I reminded her.

"If there even is a Great Alpha." she argued.

"Willa! We saw her in the forest. She had the white hair!" I argued back, referring to the girl who was beside my mate.

"Probably just the light!" she added.

"She's real. And she's going to lead us to the moonstone. And you know we don't have much time. More and more of our pack are getting sick. Our necklaces are almost out of power. We need to find the moonstone." I explained.

"And when we do, we can recharge our necklaces and stay wolf strong for another 100 years." my pack mate, Wynter said dreamily.

Other wolves murmured in agreement.

"Okay. even if the girl is the Great Alpha, how do we find her?" Willa asked me.

I held up the patch that came off of the white-haired girl's jacket. "I found this in the woods. It's hers."

Wynter gasped excitedly. "We'll track her down with our keen sense of smell."

"It says Seabrook High on it. So, I thought we might just look there." I suggested.

Willa groaned before giving in.

"Okay, fine. We find the girl and if she's the Great Alpha, she'll tell us where the moonstone is hidden." she explained.

I nodded.

"We go in the morning!" I said.

"We go tonight!" Willa shouted.

"Or tonight works." I agreed, knowing I couldn't argue with her since she's the alpha and I'm the beta.

The pack howled before my sister and I joined in.

Not only would we go find the Great Alpha, I would be able to find Veronica and bring her back with me once we find the moonstone.

+++++++++++++

Night finally fell and it was time to go to Seabrook to find the Great Alpha.

Willa: No one's catching me unless I wanna be caught
I'm dancing in the shadows, ain't no leash when I walk
It's great to feel invincible, it's great to feel alive
My appetite's insatiable, there's nowhere it can hide
Our freedom isn't up to them, it's only up to us (us)
I'm the Alpha, I'm the leader, I'm the one to trust (trust)
Together we do whatever it takes, we're in this pack for life (awoo)
We're wolves, we own the night

All: Oh, we own what we own, oh, we own the night
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!
The only thing that is worse than our bark's our bite
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!

Wyatt: I'm picking up the scent, it seems we're on the right track (track)
The moonlight's on the rooftops, the wind is at our backs (backs)
We're living in the shadows, we're living for the chase (chase)
Our legacy is in our sights, so let's pick up the pace
We're on a quest to find the power that's inside of us (us)
She's the Alpha, she's the leader, she's the one to trust (trust)
Together we do whatever it takes, we're in this pack for life (awoo)

All: We're wolves, we own the night
Oh, we own what we own, oh, we own the night
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!
The only thing that is worse than our bark's our bite
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!

Willa: We own what we own
The night is our home
We own what we own (wolves, awoo)

All: We own the night
Oh, we own what we own, oh, we own the night
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!
The only thing that is worse than our bark's our bite
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!

We decided to hide inside an air vent for the night as the wolves opened it and started going inside.

"Okay. We find the girl, get out moonstone and leave this awful place." Willa ordered.

"I wouldn't call it awful. They got something called Fro-Yo." I reminded her. 'And I got a beautiful mate.' I thought to myself.

Willa rolled her eyes before going in the vent.

"Yeah, you're right. This town's the worst." I said before going in last, closing the vent.

I fell asleep with my pack, my thoughts on Veronica.

'I'm coming for you, my love. You're mine and only mine.'

I will claim her; even if she is a human.