Chapter 17: The Wolf Den

Veronica's P.O.V.

I held onto Wyatt's arm as we all searched for Addison. I was slowly starting to get comfortable with them, but I think it was only because Wyatt didn't allow them near me.

"Which house is she in?" Willa asked as we entered Seabrook.

I spotted her house and pointed. "That one."

We all got there and Willa told us to wait. She went up to the door and scratched it with her claws, leaving marks there.

We hid until she came out. Addison noticed the marks and I could see the panic on her face as she set her mug down.

We all came into sight just as she looked up.

"Come with us." Willa ordered.

"What's so important?" Addison asked.

"You are." Wyatt replied.

Addison took a deep breath before looking at me. "Roni? Why are you-"

"I found my mate." I told her as Wyatt squeezed my hand.

"But-." she started.

"You're their only hope, Addi. Just please come with us." I told her.

Addison sighed before nodding hesitantly and walking to us.

She immediately stayed at my side as we all began walking to the Forbidden Forest.

++++++++++++

I noticed we were getting close to a cave of some sort. What is this place?

"Where are we going?" Addison asked.

"Yeah, I'm a little curious too." I added.

"It's a wolf secret. If we told you, we'd have to kill you." Wynter told us.

Willa and Wyatt sent her looks before she realized what she said.

"Too much? Too much, I knew it! Sorry!" she apologized, placing her fists on either side of her face. She extended her arms with a big smile. "Welcome!"

I could tell the alpha and beta weren't having it.

"But, not too welcome!" Wynter corrected herself.

Her eyes flashed as she snarled, but coughed as her necklace turned a sickly green. This is just like what happened at cheer practice earlier.

"Are you okay?" Addison asked her, placing a hand on her back.

"My necklace is losing its charge." the werewolf told us sadly.

"Every day, more and more of our pack become sick because their moonstones lose their power. All of our elders are too sick to travel, which leav-"

"Which leaves taking care of the pack to us. To me." Willa cut him off.

I gave her a look of sympathy. "I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys."

She gave a half smile before going to Wynter. "You'll be fine, Wynter. I promise. You better be right about this."

Willa looked at her brother.  "We need to find the moonstone soon." She began walking Wynter to wherever we were going.

"Follow us, Addison. Please." Wyatt said, not letting go of my hand.

+++++++++++++

Me and Addison followed the wolves before we got inside and I was blown away by the sight in front of me.

"The wolf den!" Wynter introduced us.

"Wow." Addison said. "It's so beautiful." I added.

"It's okay to be impressed." Wynter told us.