Chapter 22: The Moonstone/One For All

Veronica's P.O.V.

I held Wyatt's hand as we ran in the hallway, the floor splitting in half, creating a fault line. A purple light shined from it as we all caught our balance.

"The energy from the moonstone must've created the fault line." Zed explained. "If we follow this crack, it may lead us to the moonstone."

"So, it's only buried and not destroyed!" Addison exclaimed.

The ground shook as girls clung to their boyfriends and everybody tried to keep their balance.

"We have to get to it!" Wynter cried out.

"Quickly, while we still can!" Willa said before looking at me. "Lead the way, Great Alpha."

I smiled before going inside the fault line, each of the werewolves following after me.

I saw the purple glow getting brighter as I walked closer and closer.

"It's this way! I see the light coming from Seabrook Power!" I said.

After what seemed like forever, I followed the light and I gasped as I saw the moonstone in the center.

"Here it is!" Willa shouted excitedly.

The pack circled around the moonstone as we all took off our necklaces. We put our necklaces on the moonstone, restoring our energy.

We pulled them away and I admired the glowing necklace in my hands. I clutched my necklace, feeling the energy course through my body. It was a sensational feeling that felt...amazing. My eyes glowed as I snarled.

I smiled as I looked at Wyatt.

Wynter and Sadie shrieked as the ground shook again.

"We have to move it out of here." Willa said.

"Legend says that together, our pack can move the stone." Wyatt added.

I quickly put on my moonstone. "All of us, lift!"

We all tried to lift the moonstone, but it was no use. We were basically outnumbered.

"It's too heavy." Wynter said.

"There's not enough of us." Sadie added.

"Then, maybe you need to expand your pack." I looked and saw the humans and zombies coming in.

"Addison!" I smiled.

"Come on, everyone. We got this!" she told us.

"Right." I agreed as we all put our hands on the moonstone.

"Hurry, before it's too late! Together! Lift!"

We managed to lift it, but the ground shook and the entrance was blocked by a boulder.

"Chamber's collapsed. We can't carry the moonstone through." Wyatt added.

"Your Z-Band, it's still broken! Zed, take it off, Lift the slab. You said you could do this." Eliza told him.

"I'm not ready. What if I can't control it?" he asked just as the ground shook again.

"Zed, you have to." Addison told her boyfriend. He looked at me and I gave him a nod. "Go for it."

He took off his Z-Band, red and purple veins going up his arm before he finally went into zombie mode, letting out a roar.

"Yes!" Wynter exclaimed.

"Come on, you can do this!" Addison encouraged him.

Zed turned and grabbed the slab, lifting it up so we could carry the moonstone out. We all lifted the moonstone and used our combined strength to carry it out.