Chapter 20: Secrets Revealed

Veronica's P.O.V.

I woke up, my head hurting and just feeling tired. I looked and saw I was in my room.

I remembered everything. Us stopping the demolition, saving the werewolves, my dad and best friend being werewolves, becoming the Great Alpha, watching the plant and moonstone get destroyed, and getting sick.

I was sick now, since my moonstone was low on energy. But, it was fully charged before, so something must've happened when Zed had it.

I was dying now, along with the pack. The moonstone was gone and we were on the brink of extinction.

I sat up, holding my head. I grimaced at the pain and I looked to my left, seeing Wyatt fast asleep, my hand in his.

I touched his hair and he shifted in his sleep before opening his eyes. When he looked up, his eyes lit up and he smiled.

"Hey." he said as he sat up.

"Wyatt?" I asked, wincing at the pain in my head.

"I'm here, babe. I'm here." he said before reaching to my nightstand and holding a blue liquid.

"Your dad brought it. It's a medicine for werewolves for pain." he explained.

I took it and drank it. It tasted strong and bad, but I fought the urge to throw it up. I gave him back the small cup and he wrapped his arms around me.

I breathed in his scent and held onto him. I felt safe in his arms. His warmth helped soothe the pain.

My eyes widened as I looked at him.

"Where's-"

"They're downstairs with your family." he asked.

I slowly nodded my head. "I need to know everything."

Wyatt helped me get up from the bed. I almost fell over, but he caught me, wrapping an arm around my waist. We left my room and went downstairs. He didn't leave my side and kept his arm around me as we made our way to the living room where my parents, Sadie, Claire, and another man I've never seen before were.

Ethan must have been in bed already.

"Oh, my sweet angel!" Claire said as she wrapped her arms around me before pulling away.

I took a good look at her and noticed she had markings as well. So, she was werewolf too?

So, that makes three werewolves I've known as my family.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked as she eyed me. I nodded my head as Wyatt and I sat down.

My dad was the first to speak up. "So, you're probably wondering what's going on and want answers from us. Well, you're going to get them"

I nodded my head. "I need to know everything." I said as I held onto Wyatt's hand.

He looked towards Claire, who nodded her head.

"A long time ago, I was part of another pack of werewolves. I was their alpha and we lived in the darkest area of the Forbidden Forest. I was with someone, but after she had my child, she left the pack and went rogue. That child was Sadie. After the following years passed, I met Maria and fell in love. She didn't know about the werewolves until about a year into our relationship. We married and she introduced me to Claire here. However, things went bad after we had a huge fight. I ended up having an affair with Claire and I realized my actions when my rage calmed down. The marriage was teared, but after a while, Maria forgave me and we continued on. However, Claire told me she was pregnant with my child. We knew the child would be a full werewolf. However, the powers didn't transition to that woman. Her mother had held the power of the Great Alpha. We realized that the power was able to skip generations. When Claire was born, the powers weren't able to pass down to her, but she was still a werewolf. So, when you were born, the powers were to be passed down to you.  Sadie was happy to have a sibling. The both of us agreed to put our differences aside for your sake. That child was you, Veronica." he explained.