Chapter 12: Werewolves In Seabrook

Veronica's P.O.V.

I looked at myself in the mirror, trying to keep it together.

I had spent the last 15 minutes in the restroom, trying to process everything that happened. I even had to splash my face numerous times until I was calm.

I grabbed my backpack and left the building before going outside. I ended up seeing Zed walking by.

"Hey, Roni. Are you okay?" he asked as she hugged me with one arm.

"Yeah." I replied.

"You scared us. I was so worried. I had to tell them maybe you were in a rush for something." Zed added.

"Sorry, I just had to get out of there." I explained.

"I noticed you and that wolf dude looking at each other. Do you know each other? Is he the reason you ran off?" Zed asked.

I hesitated. Should I tell him? He's my best friend just like the rest.

"You can tell me, Roni. Friendship forever, remember?" he asked.

I smiled, remembering when we came up with that. It happened when Addison and I went to Zombieland to the underground party.

"We met during the summer. We hung out and I got feelings for him. However, he was in disguise as a human. He didn't tell me anything about being a wolf. I would have accepted him, but it just hurts that he didn't tell me face-to-face and I had to find out when the alpha basically stopped the other wolves from killing me and your girlfriend." I explained.

Zed placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, Roni. Maybe there's a good reason. I got your back. Just stay with me if you want, so you won't be alone."

I smiled as he wrapped an arm around me and led me through the building.

++++++++++++

We ended up meeting with Eliza and we were talking about the election.

"I can't believe you're running for president. You're so going to win." I told him.

"We need a majority of votes still." Eliza informed us.

It was then I noticed the werewolves come into the school and I saw them snarling at other humans and zombies, scaring them. I saw the alpha, who I learned was Willa claw some lockers as the pack followed her.

"Cheer fans on Bucky's camp, zombies and the football team in mine, the school's split right down the middle. Werewolves are the swing vote." Zed explained.

"Wolves are key to winning this election." Eliza said.

"But, you know winning over the wolves is gonna be hard." I reminded her.

"Trust me, I got this. We're gonna win the wolves' votes and more. We just got to teach them how to fit in like us. Easy." Zed told us.

The bell rang and the werewolves all howled as Zed and Eliza out me behind them. The wolves split into two groups before I walked off with my friends.

I heard my phone ding and I looked, seeing a message from Bree.

'Sadie and I need help with some homework. Can you help us? We're in the library.'

"Bree needs my help in the library. I'll catch you guys soon." I said.

Zed pulled me into a protective hug before we pulled away and Eliza fist-bumped me.

"Love ya, zombaes."

+++++++++++++++++

As I walked to the library, I kept my composure as I saw werewolves in every corner.