Chapter 23: A New Leader

Veronica's P.O.V.

After Prawn was over, the wolves said it was time to officially welcome me into the pack and as their leader.

I was currently with Sadie as she helped me to mentally get ready for the ceremony. It was the ceremony where I would officially become the Great Alpha with Willa relinquishing her position to me. I also get to pick my beta and third-in-command tonight.

"Okay, now breathe in. Now out." Sadie told me.

We were doing some sort of meditation so my nerves could be at ease. They were both anxious and excited.

I already developed a love for this pack and the instinct to protect them and such just kicked in after I found out who I really was.

I let out a deep breath before my best friend smiled at me.

"You're ready to go." she told me as a knock was at the door.

She went to go answer it, revealing Wesley.

"The ceremony is about to begin." he told us.

Sadie looked at me and I smiled before we followed him to the main part of the den. The pack was there, the pups were all together, my family, and my friends were here too.

We were all still in our Prawn wear.

I looked at the top of the rock formation and saw Willa there.

I turned to the left and saw Wyatt there with a smile on his face. He kissed me before grabbing my hand.

"Ready?" he asked as I eyed to stairway.

I looked at my friends and the pack before nodding.

Wyatt led me to the stairs and he allowed me to go the way myself.

His sister smiled at me before looking at the pack below us.

"Wolves! I just want to say that it has been great being alpha of this pack. Now, the time has come for the Great Alpha to take the lead. The prophecy has been fulfilled. Therefore, I, Willa Lykensen, relinquish my alpha status to Veronica Andrews!" she proclaimed.

Wesley came over and handed my moonstone box to Willa. She opened it before placing the necklace around my neck. Wesley opened another one and painted three slashes on my left cheek as Willa had hers removed.

My necklace glowed and I howled at the moon as I felt the alpha power radiating through me.

"Wolves, I give you your new leader, the Great Alpha, Veronica Andrews!" Willa announced.

She smiled before going down the stairs with Wesley. All the wolves howled in joy as my friends cheered.

I smiled as I saw my father walk up the stairs. He came over and hugged me, which I responded with.

"I'm so proud of you, sweetheart. Your grandmother would be so happy for you." he told me.

"Thanks, Dad." I replied.

When we pulled away, he looked at me. "You still have to pick a beta and third. Wyatt is technically the alpha male already."

I nodded before I turned my direction to the werewolves. I put my hand in the air, signaling them I was going to speak. The howls and talking slowly died down as I cleared my throat.

"I just want to say that I'm honored to be your new leader. I promise that we will become the most powerful and noble pack in Seabrook. I promise that I will be the leader you all have been looking for and I'm excited that it's finally happening." I explained with a smile on my face.