Chapter 13: The Truth

Veronica's P.O.V.

I walked to my locker, holding my books as I tried to wrap my head around everything that happened. I just wanted to get to my last class and call it a day so I could go home and just get my mind off things.

All this time, the guy I have feelings for wasn't what he seemed. All this time, he was a werewolf. Why didn't he tell me?

Don't get me wrong, I still care about him and all. I don't hate him, nor am I mad at him. I just need time to process all this. I would've accepted him either way, but the fact he didn't tell me face-to-face really hurt.

I was grateful though. If it weren't for him, who knows what Randall would have done to me.

As I got to my locker, I saw Sadie, Bree, and Addison walk up to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sadie asked.

I shrugged as I did the combination on my locker.

"You're going to have to talk to him sooner or later. I'm sure he has an explanation." Addison explained.

I opened my locker and I saw a note fly out onto the floor. Cliche, I know, but hey, I wasn't expecting it.

I grabbed it and read it.

'Meet me in the Forbidden Forest next to the stream after school.' ~ Wyatt

I sighed as I put my books in my locker. "What's wrong? What does it say?" Bree asked.

I handed the note to her and they all read it.

"Seems like he wants to talk to you. I don't think you should do this alone." Sadie said.

Why was she so protective when it came to other people than our friends talking to me?

"I don't know if I can. Things have been awkward, even if he did stop Randall form getting near me." I told her as I ran a hand through my hair.

"At least he didn't hurt you like that jerk did." Addison said.

"She has a point. Maybe Wyatt didn't tell you for a reason. Just go and meet up with him and listen to what he has to say. He seems trustworthy." Bree added.

They had a pretty good point. Then again, Willa is the alpha and seems ruthless and Wyatt is her brother, so that would make sense.

I guess if I agree, they'll stop pestering me and I can try and handle this myself.

"Okay, fine! I'll do it."

They smiled as Addison and Bree jumped up and down.

The bell rang and I shut my locker. "Okay, enough fangirling, let's get to class." I said with a chuckle.

"See you around! Hey, Bonzo!" Bree shouted as she made her way to her boyfriend.

I walked with my friends into Biology and thankfully, we had a substitute, so we didn't really do anything other than turn in an assignment the teacher left.

++++++++++++++++++

*After Class*

"Finally!" I said as I put my stuff in my backpack and got up from my seat.

"I gotta go. Zed's waiting for me." Addison said.

"See you, Addi." I told her as I fist-bumped her.

As she left, Sadie looked at me. "My mom is not going to be here for a few days, so can I stay at your house?"

I smiled and nodded. "Sure. I'll meet you there soon, because I have to go find Wyatt."

"Okay. If anything happens, call me and I'll track you down." she told me.