5. Grocery Shopping

"Is this seriously necessary?" Maddox complained like a little child when I handed him the plastic gloves, "My hands get really sweaty in those."

A little while after my decisive proclamation, he was standing in front of me in full protective gear — and he looked absolutely ridiculous. I had a hard time trying to contain my glee.

"Yup. You'll just have to be a big boy and suck it up." I teased him before turning around and grabbing the grocery list from the table. He looked at me with obvious annoyance and I bit my lip trying to stay serious.

I cleared my throat hoping to hide the amusement from my voice as I handed him the list, "So, what are you supposed to buy?"

"Everything on the list." He muttered through his teeth, dissatisfaction clear in his voice.

"And what are you not supposed to buy?" I ask again, raising an eyebrow.

"Everything that is not on the list." He let out a resigned sigh clearly not happy with being treated like a toddler. Not that he deserved being treated any differently.

"Good boy!" I reached up and pat his head. Maddox let out a disgruntled sound and moved his head away. "Remember to keep at least six feet between you and other people."

I looked him over in his full protected glory. The blue thin plastic wrapped around his body made it look almost like he was wearing a dress. I had to smack my hand over my mouth to keep the laughter from coming out.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." He made his way to the front door, struggling and with awkward steps. His muscles flexed against the material as if it could hardly contain him.

Which reminded me that one of the rules should definitely be making shirt wearing mandatory. I honestly didn't know how long I could last if I had to watch him shirtless every day. That body of his was mouthwatering as long as he didn't speak and you avoided looking up at his stupid, smug face.

"See ya'," he said before stepping out and slamming the door behind him.

At long last I had some peace, along with a very important mission.

I took a notebook, a pen, and a cup of tea before settling on the couch.

Alright, rule #1...

 As soon as I started unpacking the groceries my entire body was filled with dread

"Why do we have eight bags of Cheetos?" I asked, my voice incredulous, even though I knew I wasn't going to be happy with the answer.

"I, uh, I just got like a sudden craving for Cheetos, you know?" He scratched the back of his head wearing a boyish smile. A smile that, I was sure, won over hundreds of girl. But not this girl.

Was he a pregnant woman? I didn't even have the chance to mock him when I noticed that Cheetos weren't the only random thing he purchased.