CHAPTER 12.

Chapter 12: Ice Cream. 

*

"The only emperor is the emperor of ice cream"

-Wallace Stevens-

*

Islah laughed when he realized where she was headed. Did she really think a public bus stop can stop me from finding her? Just how stupid is my little kid? 

"Not very creative of you to run to a public bus stop while trying to escape, now is it?" She looked up to Islah like a deer caught in headlights. He stood in front of her, hands tucked away in the pockets of his slacks and without his black suit jacket. Yusra stared at the male model in front of her with wide eyes. He wore white shirt with its sleeves rolled up to his elbows, which showed his perfect veins. Oh Holy hands, Yusra thought with a smile. 

"Miss. Uz-Zaman?" he called out and Yusra snapped out of her trance. Was she staring at me? Islah grinned smugly and she blushed, looking away. 

"Why?" she asked him with a groan after composing herself and he continued to grin at her misery. 

"I will drop you home, Miss. Uz-Zaman. Now get up" he told her and she frowned at him. I am telling the truth, Wallahi!

"How do I-" Islah rolled his eyes.

"I have no intention of killing you or doing anything atrocious with or to you. You know my family, for gods sake, Yusra!" Islah told her and she frowned, only catching the part where her name sounded so utterly magnificent coming out from his mouth- and her thoughts stopped at that when she realized what she was doing.

"You planning on coming with me anytime soon? Perhaps this Christmas? New year?" Islah sassed her and she rolled her eyes at him. He then smiled at her. Yusra watched as his lips tilted into a smile and how his whole face brightened by it. So beautiful? How can someone- You know what, forget that. Her thoughts were a mess and she huffed at them. 

She stood up and began walking with him. He walked her over to the passenger side door and opened it to let her in. Once she was seated, he closed the door and locked the vehicle until he rounded to his side and unlocked it only to get in. If you are smart, Yusra, then I am smarter.

Yusra rolled her eyes at him. Childish, she thought.

Islah started the Jeep and immediately Yusra was greeted with a gush of cold air and a familiar scent of pine and wood. She turned to him, leaning back onto the seat.

"Seat belt" he told her as he buckled up. Yusra did the same just as Islah pulled out of the bus stop into the main lane.

"Where are we going?" she asked him and he smiled. The smile made Yusra's heart race in uncertainty. He threw her a glance and let out a chuckle which resonated throughout the jeep. Yusra's cheeks turned slightly pink.

"Home. I am dropping you home, little kid" he said and Yusra heaved a sigh of relief before her eyes narrowed. He called me a what?, she thought coldly.

"Little Kid? LITTLE KID?" she barked out the latter part and Islah winced. I called her that? When? "I am not a little kid, Mr. Reza-Ibrahim!" she added. Islah glanced at her again with a smile.

"The tantrums you throw about clearly state otherwise" he told her and she glowered at him. Awh, little kid. It reminds me of how the little kitten thought she was a lion.