CHAPTER 20.

Chapter 20: Their relationship is awkward, weird and all-things hopeless. 

*

"You don't see the 

person they are

you see the person 

they have the potential to be"

-Rupi Kaur: Milk and Honey-

*

The sound of music rang through Iravat's Jeep Compass as he drove through the traffic congested highway. They were moving very slow and Rabail felt sleepy. She leaned down and unbuckled her shoes, sliding them off her aching feet. Fashion is nerve wrecking.

"There are band aids in the compartment box" Iravat told her from beside her, at the driver's seat. Her nude shaded lips curled into a small smile as she opened the compartment box in front of her and found a box of band aids, some antibacterial wipes and polysporin ointment. He is so prepared. Rabail picked the up and shut the compartment box. She then shifted and pulled her legs up on the seat. She wiped the scraped skin of her feet before putting a thin layer of ointment on it. She then covered it with a band aid and proceeded to do the same with the other feet.

"It hurts?" he asked her and she shrugged, folding her legs on the seat. Iravat smiled, glancing at her. She usually set like that in any vehicle. Rabail huffed the stray hairs out of her face before taking off her hairtie and re-tying her hair in a messy bun. 

"Tired." She muttered, leaning back on the seat and shutting her eye. Islah- Her eyes immediately opened and she turned to Iravat.

"What is it?" Iravat asked her with a laugh. She didn't even question how he knew she had something to ask.

"Islah and Yusra. What's going on?" she asked, excitement lacing her voice. Iravat glanced at her again, grinning.

"You noticed, I see" Rabail rolled her eyes, shuffling again to face him better.

"Tell me" Iravat sighed.

"He likes her. Had liked her for a while actually. Why?" Ah that explains what Islah was always searching!

"Does mom know?" Rabail asked and Iravat shook his head.

"She doesn't, and I would appreciate it if you don't tell her" Iravat told her and she shrugged, looking out the windshield. I wouldn't dare to. 

"You want fresh air?" Iravat asked her after a moment of silence and she simply hummed in reply. Iravat only smiled at her as he changed lanes.

Five minutes later, the duo stood by the large bridge that overlooked the busy city behind them. The night was cold, with winds breezing by and clouds overhanging. Stars were barely visible and the moon was somewhere, hidden behind the clouds.

Iravat walked a step behind Rabail who was wearing his flip flops. Rabail inhaled deeply, smiling at the crisp night air mixed with Iravat's scent drifting into her nostrils.

"Thank you" she told him and he hummed in response. Iravat was dressed in a long sleeved t-shirt and a large hoodie, paired with jeans and white Nikes. The cold night air did not make him shiver as much as it made Rabail. So being a gentlemen he was, he offered her his hoodie.

She rejected it.

"Where are we having dinner?" Rabail asked him, leaning onto the cemented walls. Iravat stood infront of her, blocking the street lights from shining upon her face. Instead, it created a halo over him. He is utterly beautiful and he doesn't know it.