CHAPTER 21.

Chapter 21: Don't have her number. 

*

"We accept the love we think we deserve"

-Stephen Chbosky-

*

Rabail put on her shoes as Iravat exited the vehicle and opened the door of the passenger seat for her to get off. She smiled thankfully at him, stepping out and wincing visibly. Her feet hurt.

Iravat shook his head at her and closed the door. He then walked behind her as the two entered the well-lit restaurant. The restaurant had an outdoor theme, with plants staged around the place and wooden tables lined neatly by the walls.

"Good evening Sir, madam. Welcome to Rivioli" Rabail turned to the receptionist with a smile which fell immediately when she saw her eyeing Iravat. She rolled her eyes and stood a step in front of her man and nodded at her.

"Table for two then?" she spoke, stepping to the side to see Iravat. No. I would like a carpet for four please, Rabail thought and opened her mouth to sass but Iravat beat her to it.

"Good evening. Table for four actually" he told her and she nodded at him.

"Right this way, sir" she said, asking them to follow. The place was not crowded and the duo asked for a table at the end where vines were hanging at the back wall. The receptionist guided them there before placing the menus on the table. She let them know that a waiter would be there shortly but Iravat asked for more time. Once she was gone, he turned to Rabail.

"Why are you fuming?" he asked her and she rolled her eyes at him. She is pissed at the other woman, isn't she?

"I have met pretty amazing waitresses around the place but that one-" she left the sentence hanging, looking at her fingers. Iravat's eyes followed hers to her hands to see her playing with the silver ring in her middle finger. Familiar. He smiled.

"You still have it" he stated and she looked up to him. Her gray eyes met his blue ones and she sighed softly. Her lips curled into a smile. She is beautiful, like the sunrise after a rainy night. 

"Of course I have it." She whispered back and Iravat grinned at her, showing his pearly whites.

"Rabail?" she hummed in reponse. "When can we get married?" The questioned stopped Rabails' thoughts, movement and perhaps her heart. She looked at him with so much emotion that Iravat felt like crying. We've been through so much yet here we are, denying everything.

"Irav" she whispered, blinking away the tears. His felt his chest constrict as he watched her blink away the tears.

"Rabail. You know me since I was born. You really think I will hurt you like he did?" His question caught her off guard. No one asked her about her past since it happened, which was years ago. When she remained silent, he got his answer. She actually thinks I will hurt her.

Before Iravat could make her understand, his brother and Yusra made an entrance. Islah took a seat beside Iravat while Yusra slid on the seat next to Rabail and opposite Islah. She did not dare look up to him and he was grinning all along. When Iravat saw this, he only raised an eyebrow at him while Rabail outright questioned them.

"What's going on between you two?" Rabail asked, leaning onto the table with a teasing grin. Iravat only face palmed himself while Islah and Yusra blushed, even though the former was still grinning. At least she is smiling again.