CHAPTER 33.

Chapter 33: Hey. 

*

"Marriage is not about age; 

it's about finding the right person."

-Sophia Bush-

*

Dinner went well, with everyone praising the boys for the food. Nasreen did not comment on Rabail anymore, though the boys and Rabail were a little conscious of her and Maheen. After dinner, Rabail opted to make tea for everyone and to do the dishes. Yusra followed Rabail to help out with Maha.

"Don't worry about things here, the dishwasher shall do it." Rabail told them as she loaded the dishwasher. Yusra nodded and Maha's phone chimed with a notification. Maha checked her phone and her face lit up with a smile. Yusra grinned.

"Who's it?" she teased her and by then, Rabail was with them too.

"Nahwan." Yusra and Rabail exchanged mischievous smiles before leaving the kitchen to let her have the privacy. The two walked towards the living room where the ladies were seated. Yusra took a seat beside Lila and Rabail took a seat beside her. Lila immediately took her hand in hers and grinned.

"So, how is work?" Work. Yusra let out a smile immediately, a thin coat of blush on her cheeks.

"Good."

"I hear there's a workshop this coming week?" Yusra nodded at her. Lila turned to Nasreen and Maheen, seated opposite them with their cups of tea. "Rabail will be there so you don't have to worry. These workshops are high security and Islah will also be there." Nasreen nodded at Lila with a smile, even though Yusra could see through her smile. She is still contemplating.

"Absolutely right," Yusra looked up to see the men entering the living room. Ahmad smiled at Lila, rubbing his arms. His wife smiled back affectionately. Yusra was awed at this, because perhaps she did not see that at home. At home, it was mostly her mother over ruling her father. She had never seen them share such loving looks or anything.

"It's cold outside," Islah muttered and that's when Yusra realized he was seated right in front of her. Her eyes met his and he grinned, showing his pearly whites. Damn this boy, he is so beautiful he could power the entire house with that smile.

"Yusra?" she immediately broke contact and turned to Lila who had called for her attention.

"We really like you for Islah." Her heart stopped right at that moment. She felt warm, a new feeling erupted in her chest and she immediately clenched it tightly with her right hand. Lila saw this and placed her hand over Yusra's in a calming manner. It's okay Yusra. It's okay. It's just a proposal. From Islah's family!, her mind replied.

Lila turned to Dawud and Nasreen with a smile. Ahmad also turned to them.

"I know this seems out of order," Lila began, "But the reason we invited your family for dinner was because of this. I don't know how proposals go about but in all honestly, when we first saw Yusra, we knew. She is so charismatic, beautiful and amazing. Inside, out." Islah glanced at Yusra who was tomato red by now, with all the compliments. He grinned.

Dawud and Nasreen exchanged glances before Nasreen turned to Lila with a smile.

"Lila. It would be an honor to let my daughter be part of this family." Nasreen said and Yusra glanced at her. Before Nasreen could say something else, Dawud began.