CHAPTER 17.

Chapter 17: What's next? Their marriage? 

*

"If I know what love is, 

it is because of you."

-Herman Hesse-

*

Monday mornings are the worst and Yusra agreed to it wholeheartedly. She didn't feel like getting up early but she had to. After morning prayers, the girl was busy replying emails, putting together outfits and deciding what to have for breakfast. By ten in the morning, she felt like she was done for the week (like she does each week). I need sleep. More sleep.

"Yusra?" She abruptly turned to see Markos smiling at her. She grinned back.

"Good morning" she said and Markos replied with equal enthusiasm.

"I have someone I would like you to work with today. Just stay with her for today please, or until I can get someone to fill in as her PA" he explained and Yusra nodded at him. Her department chief, Izak had asked her to review some coding that the others were once working on, to see how she could modify it to be better. She could do it when she's free. It was due in two days' time anyway. Izak is a chilled person, Yusra found him to be.

Markos asked her to follow him to the top floor. The CEO's floor, she grinned to herself. She felt like she missed some Vitamin CEO, you are turning corny Yusra. Her mind was an extraordinary place.

Markos led her to the other door, opposite the conference hall. It did not have a name plate so Yusra assumed this person is new.

"Rabail?" Markos barged into the room and Yusra wondered if it really was okay barging into someones office like that. But it was Markos so she followed him suite. Once she entered the office, her attention immediately is seized by the woman standing at the very end of the room. With gray eyes, dark hair and a tall figure, she is absolutely gorgeous! She was dressed in a white blouse, black blazer and a black straight skirt. Her feet were clad in about three inch heels. Yusra felt her presence a little too intimidating though. 

"Markos! Hi" Even her voice is velvety, good lord. Markos smiled at Rabail and turned to Yusra.

"This is your PA for today, Rabail. I apologize but we don't have anyone free at the moment to fill in. I'll see to it that you get a PA ASAP, but till then I hope you can work with my favorite intern here" Markos pulled Yusra hand to stand beside him. Yusra gave a tight lipped smile to the tall woman. Rabail? I haven't heard of her before.

"Well then. I have work. Get along girls" with that, Markos rushed out of the office. Turns out the company CEO is busy with meetings over meetings.

Yusra stood awkwardly in front of the beautiful woman. Rabail smiled at the girl in front of her.

"As salaam alaikum. I am Rabail Darwish" she handed out her right hand for a shake and Yusra nodded, placing her hand out and shaking it.

"Wa alaikum mus salaam. Yusra" Rabail grinned and Yusra swore that if there were lights hanging behind Rabail, it would have lit up with that much energy.

"I am sorry to hassle you like this. I wasn't supposed to be even in the country until next week but Ahmad uncle was coming back so I accompanied him." She told him and Yusra nodded, smiling hesitantly. She knows Ahmad uncle. So she is a guest of Islah then. Somehow her mind conjured a picture of Rabail, standing beside Islah (which felt too perfect to Yusra) and it did not settle well with her in any manner. When Yusra did not answer, Rabail smiled and nodded back.