Chapter 5. A Mutual Understanding

Context.

Something very important in a conversation. For example, if you were to say you were a 'serial' killer, the first reaction would most likely be shocked. Upon further understanding, the context of that was they were referring to the word 'cereal', not the word 'serial' that is associated with murder. To say you were a 'cereal killer' within context would be understandable considering its cereal.

Context is generally also needed when something very important to an individual is involved. If you were to tell someone that you just stole their dog, the first reaction would not be a good one. But given potential context, it could either make things better or worse. Then there are situations like the one the small prisoner group was experiencing. Where the context of stealing the one item keeping Sky City functioning properly would not really end well. Although the intentions may be reasonable to a point, that doesn't completely erase the fact they're stealing a legitimate source of life.

But currently, the issue wasn't of the Order of the Stone taking the Eversource at the moment, but more so the issue of the Blade Rods doing it first. It was a practical race against time to see who would reach it first, but before the prisoners could do anything about that, they had to find a way out.

And also do some explaining.

CHAPTER 5. WALKING TOWARDS DANGER

> Lukas' POV

" WHAT?! " [ Y/N ] blurted out in a shocked tone, before looking between Ivor and me. " You can't just take the Eversource! Do you know how important it is for this place?! The Founder needed the Eversource to make everything on this island, without it resources will run out, and people will start panicking. " They explained.

Admittedly they had a good point. Taking that 'treasure' meant that an entire community will be without resources. And with things there already seeming strict enough, I could only imagine how much worse it would be if there weren't any left. However, it seemed Ivor was still certain.

" But the whole reason for coming here in the first place was to experience adventure, and get the treasure! That's how it works! " My companion explained, only to be given a deep sigh from the other individual.

[Y/N] rubbed their temple before replying " It's not that simple. I don't need to be an adventurer to know that much. " They seemed to pause for a moment in thought before exhaling. " Look, I trust you both enough to know you're probably not lying about the Aiden guy going after the Eversource. I can help you stop them, but I won't help you steal it. "

I smiled a little, relieved in a way that they would help. " Alright then, fair enough. I promise that we only really came here to stop Aiden in the first place, so I'll be sure to let the others know not to take it. "

" Excuse me, I did not agree to those terms! " Ivor quickly mentioned, crossing their arms. " Everyone knows that after a grand adventure the heroes get the treasure! "

" Let's just stop Aiden from getting it, and then figure out what to do with the Eversource. Who knows, maybe the Founder might reward us. " I mentioned, looking over at [Y/N] for confirmation that it could happen, but only getting an indifferent shrug in return. " Well, now that everything is somewhat figured out, how do we get out of here? "

Looking around the room, there weren't really any places to escape from. They took our inventories before putting us in the cell, so we couldn't dig our way out. Judging by the cell itself even if we tried to do anything the guard would be able to easily see us. And the idea of being restrained while in a cell wasn't exactly the thing we needed right now. There were a few beds, but apart from those, that was it. It looks to be that the only way out was through the iron door, which happened to be locked on the other side. Where Reginald was standing guard.