Chapter 7. Minor Regrets

Afterthoughts.

In a matter of speaking, this was the action of thinking about a decision after it's already been made. For example, if you were trying to make a cake but used salt instead of sugar, an afterthought would be that maybe you should have labeled the ingredients better or made sure that it was sugar. Or in a more specific case to this situation, an afterthought was that maybe you shouldn't have pushed yourself this much. You hardly knew anything about fighting, not to mention you didn't even know anyone there aside from Milo and the Founder. That idea then begs a new, rather dark question.

Why did you put yourself through all that pain for people you didn't know?

Logically speaking, there was nothing that forced anything. If anything there were many things going against the action of interfering with the fighting. The swords in the face, having recently been thrown against the wall like nothing, and the biggest thing going against it- the lack of experience in any of this. When one lives in a place where there's hardly any violence, a place where stealing a flower is more of a crime than punching someone in the gut, there isn't much reason to even learn how to fight. Much less learn to take a hit. But that wasn't the point, the point was if everything was going against you, why help people you hardly knew?

Because it was the right thing to do? Because getting punched in the gut might as well happen considering all the other bad things that happened today? Perhaps it was because it was an instinct. However, at the moment you couldn't really think about how you could have avoided this seething pain throughout your body.

You all had to leave.

CHAPTER 7. MINOR REGRETS

> Lukas' POV

Everything seemed to happen so quickly, I knew that Aiden had changed but I didn't think that it would end up like this.

I did as much as I could to hold back Aiden, but at the end of the day, I don't think I was strong enough. They had already given me my fair share of bruises, and frankly, Aiden had gotten the best of me. I was glad that [Y/N] came in to hold him back when they did, but in return, they got the punch that would have probably been for me. If they hadn't come to help when they did, I might have ended up like Jesse and the Founder.

Just thinking about it made my stomach churn. Jesse had been pushed over the edge into the endless void, and according to everything I knew about this place, they weren't going to come back. Jesse was gone. And I could have saved them if I had just been closer to them, just kept Aiden back long enough to get away from the edge. But that didn't happen. It almost felt like a deja vu, the same feeling I had when the Witherstorm arrived. I was helpless, I wanted to move, I wanted to save them but I just couldn't. I could have done something to stop it, but I didn't. However, regretting it wasn't going to change anything.

" Lukas! Snap out of it, we need to go. " Petra called over to me, snapping me out of the small state I was in. It was at this moment I came back to my senses and l knew I needed to move quickly. Getting back up on my feet, I went over to [Y/N], helping them up with the help of Milo. It seemed like they had taken a beating from all of this, compared to everyone in the room they looked like they took the most damage. How could Aiden do this? How could they do any of this? It made my blood boil, but biting my cheek I kept my hold on [Y/N] and ran to the exit with them, getting in the minecart.

Once everyone was in, Ivor flicked a switch and the minecarts were sent back up quickly. For a moment as we were heading back up, I made eye contact with the Blaze Rod leader himself. Their expression had a sinister grin, almost appearing prideful of what we were doing. If he wanted a fight, then he was going to get one. But first, we needed to regroup.