Chapter 6. Walking Towards Danger

Unknown Information.

Generally speaking, whenever possible, it's common to want to know information and details about something before confronting it directly. Such as wanting information on how to fight a bear before going to fight a bear. Or in their current situation, wanting to know what the Eversource was before going to retrieve it. It's rather difficult to protect something when you don't know what that 'something' is. Thus far the only thing known is that it is crucial to the island's survival, is most likely in the hidden area our heroes were currently in and was going to be in danger of being stolen by the Blaze Rods. Other than those three points, the rest of the information wasn't commonly known by either the travelers or the residents of the island. 

There is a solution to fixing the issue of knowing nothing, and that is by a simple trial and error. However this has proven many times in the past to be a rather dangerous and often not thought out solution to the problem, but that danger often fails to reveal itself until too late. In most hypothetical scenarios, there are many times that we say we would be careful when in reality it turns more so into a rather troubling situation due to forgetting that one rule. Being careful.

But it is not all that bad, sometimes finding out things you didn't know before is a good thing. Regardless of what you do with the thing you're unfamiliar with, there is always a way to find out new information, even if it's the tiniest crumb of it. 

You just need to know where to look, and what to do. 

CHAPTER 6. WALKING TOWARDS DANGER

> [ Y/N ] 's POV

There were always times I found myself wondering where those minecarts came from. When I first got the job as a gardener of Sky City, the minecarts from that hidden wall brought vegetables that were to be added to the garden. I could imagine a lot of things, from it arriving from a crazy dungeon to some big fancy room, to something that resembles similar to an alchemist's lair. But admittedly looking around at the room itself, it wasn't what I was expecting.

It was like a large cave, with fences around the outer edge to cover it on the outside, and large double chests lining the walls. The chests seemed to go all the way up to the top of the cave, each column of chests carefully organized and labeled with different names of mobs. Around the cave, although mostly stone, the ground was seemingly covered with a forest green grass, allowing the rather claustrophobic cave to provide a small feeling of comfort. There were even small patches of grass that were overgrown, as well as a few flowers here and there.

From what I could tell, the others were more occupied with the chests. On the other hand, I found myself momentarily looking at the flowers with a bittersweet melancholy, thinking how I wouldn't be able to be a gardener here ever again after this. The Founder was a rather intimidating woman, and frankly, I didn't want to find out what she'd do after finding out about the little escape. And completely violating several rules right now. And I got here because of a dang flower.

Upon hearing someone open a chest, I snapped out of my slightly stress filled thoughts and walked over to investigate. Jesse was holding an egg, and from what I could tell it wasn't like anything I'd ever seen. An eggshell white with pink dots... this probably wasn't a normal egg. 

" Eggs? " Lukas questioned, before motioning to the sign near the freshly opened chest. " The sign says 'sheep' not 'eggs'. " 

Petra looked at it before shrugging a bit. " Might as well throw it and give it a shot?" 

As Jesse got up with the egg, I took a step to the side so I wasn't in the way. Honestly, I didn't really feel like getting hit with an egg today, and I especially didn't want to get hit with a strange egg labeled 'sheep'. The brown-haired individual adjusted their grip on the egg before moving their arm back and pitching the egg against a stone wall. However, rather than it just being broken eggshells, a white fluffy creature appeared prior to the impact, plopping down on the grass with minor confusion before beginning to wander.