Chapter 10. Trial and Error

Recapitulate.

Also known by the other term 'recap' it essentially means the action of summarizing main points to an event. Although the idea of summarizing things is rather easy, it also tends to be difficult when there are many events to behold in the first place, often making things more complicated then to one's desire. However when done correctly it can be pretty easy and straightforward. For example a story of sleeping beauty is the fact that a lady fell asleep and was woken up by a kiss. Another example is the story of Hercules. Dude with is a pilot version of a demigod, then turns real god, but goes back to demi for a lady.

On the other hand, sometimes longer summaries would show how close a person is to a certain subject. Often the longer the summary, the more passion is put into that story or event. Although sometimes it could mean that there are some things that an individual doesn't wish to mention in the summary. Such as their own personal thoughts, small things that might have bothered them about it, general information that they would rather not mention. Even in a summary, the smallest details are important.

The smallest changes can have the largest effects afterall.

CHAPTER 10. TRIAL AND ERROR

> [ Y/N ]'s POV

To break the forth wall for a moment, I have to say there is a lot to catch up on since our last internal monologue. 

For one thing, when Lukas said that I could still go with them I was happy to do so! Even though it was my first time realizing that land that wasn't in the sky existed, the idea that there were so many other places I could travel to was irresistable! Who would pass up a chance like that after spending years living a pretty boring life? The plan was that I would go back to the world that the Order of the Stone lived in, and then I would go have an adventure in a completely new place. Simple enough.

But it wasn't that simple. As soon as we walked through that portal it only lead to a room with more portals, hundreds, maybe thousands of them. Frankly it was a little overwhelming. The very first portal we went into wasn't entirely the place we wanted to go. Instead it was a different world entirely. Exciting but maybe it would have been more enjoyable if there weren't as many zombies around the place. 

To summarize the events of what exactly happened was something that seemed to come from a mystery style book. Murder mystery to be precise. There were a lot of people, and one by one each seemed to... in a lighter term 'poof' as time passed on. I could remember walking into one of the rooms with these strange portraits of everyone, even myself. Admittedly they got my good side but frankly considering I was hardly there for more than a few minutes it just caused more of a creeping feeling. Those who 'poofed' got red x's on the portraits. All of this seemed to be caused by someone called 'The White Pumpkin'. The reason for all the murder was because someone, later revealed to be a girl by the name of Cassie Rose, wanted the flint and steel that lit the dimension portals.

When I found out there was probably a flint and steel like this in every dimension, I felt something odd. Something sort of like a tug. That meant that there was probably also a flint and steel in my own dimension, and that meant unless it was still there... No. I was probably overthinking it, something like that probably wouldn't happen. But it probably would explain a few things, but at the same time maybe it was best to keep that thought as a random idea.

Regardless, after finding out that each portal went to a different dimension, this began the endless running through different dimensions until we found the Order of the Stone's Dimension. I had to trust that they knew what their dimension was considering I wasn't exactly sure which is 'home'. When I asked for adventure this was frankly more than a little much. We would go through one portal then come out of another, dimension to dimension, sea to sea, fire to fire, and even one with a well dressed gentleman. Even though it was tiring, even a bit overkill at some points, I wouldn't change those experiences for the world. Despite the fact that some were probably genuinely going to scar me for the rest of my life, but that's beyond the point. THe point was that there was a lot of portals that went everywhere but where we needed to go.