Chapter 8. Rushed Lessons

A touch of chaos.

Every day seems to have just a touch of chaos to make things interesting. Whether that be losing something important when you need it, or something smaller like feeling you've forgotten something. Usually, on good days, there is only a simple touch of chaos. Nothing too bad, but just the feeling that we are human, and things can be good and bad on most days. Much like nothing is entirely perfect, there isn't a day where everything is entirely good or bad. There is a balance to life, and there are times that it is important to remember those good things can come from the bad, and vice versa. 

However, this situation was just inconvenient on a whole different level. 

It was almost poetic in the way there is no guaranteed security over any moment. Although [Y/N] wanted to learn a few basic moves with Lukas on how to fight, considering there had been little to no experience in fighting, it was destined that something would intervene one way or another. Even though it was inconvenient, and simply unfortunate given everything that had already happened.

And yet at the same time, there needed to be something good after this right? Or at least if everyone managed to survive this whole deal. [Y/N] took a flower but then got arrested. They got to meet the Order of the stone and even got to know them because they got arrested. Another instance is when they got pretty beat up at the more close encounter with the Blaze Rods and the Founder, but they were still able to prevent Lukas from being hurt and even had a moment with them. Now, their fighting lesson was interrupted by another touch of chaos. Things would get better soon, right?

Right?

CHAPTER 8. RUSHED LESSONS

> [ Y/N ] 's POV

Why am I not surprised? Of course, something like this would happen. Now, I'll admit maybe I've been a bit of a pessimist today but in fairness, my normal days were spent doing practically nothing. Although I craved something more than the boredom, a loud explosion wasn't what I had in mind. At least not when I was still somewhat distracted by multiple things. One thing specifically would be wondering what sword fighting would be like, and the other being the warmth of a hand against my own.

But that reminisce had to wait, considering a loud explosion followed by a very strange, almost high pitched sound occurred.

Rushing outside after Lukas, I found my eyes widen seeing a number of things that I've only read about in books. Large white beasts, larger than I had ever seen with specific grey patterns on their skin, almost making them appear ancient. It had large white tentacles that seemed to sway ever so carefully but seemed strong enough that it could probably do some damage by itself.  However, the most intimidating and piercing fear that it caused came from their expression. Although it seemed almost expressionless, as soon as it saw a target deep red eyes would open as a mouth let out a shriek, before releasing a large lit fire charge. It was an expression of despair, and yet just seeing it was enough to cause a chill.

" Those... Those are... " 

" Ghasts. " Lukas responded, before looking around at the area, seeing multiple other mobs, more specifically from what I could tell, were all hostile mobs. " I think we might need to rush a bit on the lessons. Fighting zombies is one thing, but defending ghast attacks is dangerous by itself... But why aren't they..." he seemed to trail off, as a few small drops of water landed against us, before starting to rain. " This isn't good. As long as this rain keeps going, they aren't going catch fire. "

Today was pretty hectic, I've pretty much accepted that by now. But this? This was just overkill by now. We just weren't catching a break today. But despite the feeling in the back of my mind that I should just back out while I still can, I tightened my grip around the iron handle. " Well then, might as well learn how to fight. It's probably going to get worse the longer we wait... right?  "