Chapter 11. Feelings of Unease

Foreboding.

Similar to foretelling, in the sense, it's having a feeling that something bad is going to happen. This feeling can come from practically anywhere, from something small as seeing a lego piece on the ground, to something larger like seeing someone get stuck in the middle of a street. Typically speaking as soon as we realize that bad things are most likely going to happen, we often feel the need to do something about it. Whether that be removing the obstacle before the bad scenario, or pulling up a chair with some popcorn as the chaos tends to unfold. There are many ways to handle such situations where you know something bad is bound to happen, but one of the most uncommon ways to handle it?

Going right to the danger zone. How this is done you might ask? Let's take a toy car. You see a toy car in the middle of the street, but rather than taking it away or watching someone else step on it, you go over and step on it yourself instead. Not the most practical choice, nor is it often the most pleasant when it comes to this specific situation.  However as most stories, there is only one way to truly move the plot, and that is by forcing characters into stepping on a toy car and rolling with the punches.

Because who doesn't love going into danger?

CHAPTER 11. FEELINGS OF UNEASE

> [ Y/N ]'s POV

Admittedly, maybe I was being a little pessimistic about what was going to happen. Maybe at the end of this dusty road, we would find something pretty good! Maybe something like a lagoon of some sort, a hidden valley, some kind of oasis... Okay. Who was I kidding? I was lucky in the sense I have yet to die, found a group of people that I don't mind being around, and even had a little someone special to me. But that was about it for being lucky. On the other hand, would it then be considered unlucky to be lucky then if it's out of the ordinary? What a paradox that question was.

But the paradox was a good distraction from the sun. When I lived in sky city usually we had constant breezes, considering the clouds and all. But being on the ground was a lot different. The scorching sun hit the sand, and any dark areas of both the sand and even our clothing would just attract the heat like a magnet. Part of me felt glad that the armor pieces everyone had weren't too reflective, otherwise I would have probably gone blind a while ago. While walking I could hear the crunching of sand beneath me,  feeling a mixture of stable but also loose. Probably because the road was covered in sand, much like everything else around here.

" Sand, Clay... and more sand. " Jesse muttered. We all collectively walked pretty quietly, not to be sneaky as much as to hear if anything was going to happen. Jesse stopped in their tracks for a moment, noticing something move in the distance. " Hey, what was that? " 

Smiling triumphantly, Petra started to head over. "Hah! There ARE people here! " She announced, running towards the distant figure.

" Petra, wait! " Jesse called out to no avail, before running after. Honestly, I would have done the same if I would withstand running in this kind of heat without getting some sort of stroke.

Alas, I could not. " How can they run so fast? I mean- if I tried to run in this place I think I'd get winded. Again. "

Lukas shrugged a little while we walked towards the two. " Not really sure myself. Petra's always had experience with adventuring and Jesse? I think they picked up thinking fast on their feet a while ago. " He suggested, only to get a slight scoff from Ivor.

"Oh please, they aren't going that fast. I have potions that are much faster than them." He spoke rather proudly, before seeming to deflate a little. " Well... had. "

Raising an eyebrow at the correction, I looked over towards him. " Had? I thought you gave Jesse a speed potion or something. " 

" Yeah, I did but that doesn't mean I have an endless supply! All my good ingredients are at home, you can't expect me to use just any common ingredients! I'm no common potion brewer! " Ivor retorted defensively. Well, at least I know a new topic to not bring up unless I want a lecture about potion-making. Not now, but honestly? A solid maybe when this whole dimension-hopping has calmed down into a lazy river and not a tsunami.