Chapter 5

Home

7:50 P.M

When she got inside the house, she immediately sat tiredly on the couch. Sulji took her phone out and dialed her mom's number. After a couple of rings, she answered.

"Mom. . . ." she said as she started missing her family in Busan.

"Sulji-ah how's your day?
Are you doing well at work?" Her mom's voice was very calm and soothing that it's like all of her stress and worries got vanished.

"Mom, I miss all of you
there. . " she said voice cracked, tears brimming her eyes.

"Shhh, we miss you too. We miss you very very much our baby" her mom chuckled soothing voice as she, on the other hand, started to tear up too because she misses her too. . . a lot.

"By the way, where's
Dad?" The daughter asked, changing the topic so that she wouldn't tear up more.

"Ah your father, he's still driving the taxi. He said that he will have higher pay if he stay a bit late. Many people ride taxi at this hour. Aish! that man, I told him not to make himself tire too much" she said the last sentence subconsciously.

"U-uh, but I called him before to come home and he said he's heading home now. Sulji-ah don't worry my dear" the mother assured her because she knows that that will make her daughter worried for her father.

There was a short silence after that statement before she replied.

"Ah yes mom, but please don't overwork yourselves please. Always stay healthy, you, dad, chaerin, and yujin. Please tell father that he doesn't need to work up until late at night because I will have a bigger salary and when I'll receive my pay, I will send it to you there immediately." She said not wanting her parents to suffer again.

"No, no it's okay you don't have to-" her mother's words were cut off by her not liking the idea.

"Mom yes, I want to. This is now my responsibility. I already graduated and now that I have a stable work it's my time to pay back all of what you've done just to finish my school. So I will work hard okay?" her lovely daughter said

"Oh my gosh our firstborn, are you really Kang Sulji? my little naughty daughter? The kid who always steals candy from her aunt's store?" Her mom jokingly asked, can't believe that her daughter is matured now.

"Yeah, I still am" Sulji said in a cute tone making both of them laugh.

"Oh well, I have to go dear. I will prepare for your father's dinner. Take care always okay? Don't tire yourself too understand? I love you my child" the mother reminded her daughter.

"Of course mom, you too. Bye
love you!" And with that, the call ended.

Sulji started to head upstairs, wash up, change her clothes, and plopped down the bed. After laying for about a couple of minutes she still couldn't sleep.

As she laid there on her bed, suddenly, memories and realizations came across her mind again as she remembered her whole family living in poverty since she was a kid.

Her parents, and
two younger sisters.

Her parents, her mother, and father who are working hard and sacrifices a lot for them to have better lives.

Who always have a helping hand and warm hugs whenever their children feel sad and lonely. Who always protect them at all cost and love them unconditionally.

Her siblings who she cherishes the most. The ones who always put a smile on her face whenever she sees them.

They have the strongest bonds as siblings. For her, they are the best sisters she ever has in this world.

Sulji could never ask for anything more than her family's love. That is what is on her heart and mind before she finally falls asleep.

Her family, her beloved
ones, her home.

tbc