Chapter 3

"How was your shift at the library yesterday?" Jinah asked her friend as she took her seat in class. She decided to get to school earlier today.

"It was good." Renjun responded, taking out his notebook so he was prepared for class. He began walking around the room to collect the class's homework.

"I didn't do it." Haechan said when Renjun approached his desk.

"Hyuck, it's the second day of school." Haewon scolded him. Jinah stiffled a laugh from in front of them. Haechan rolled his eyes.

"I'll make sure it's done with tomorrow's." He said quietly.

"Here's mine." Haewon said, passing her notebook to him. Renjun noticed the book she borrowed in her bag, a bookmark sticking out from the middle of the book. I guess she does read a lot. Renjun noted to himself as he took her notebook. He put the stack on the teacher's desk, returning to his seat as the teacher walked in.

...

"Renjun, come with me." Jinah whined to her best friend.

"Where?" Renjun asked as he ate his lunch. They were enjoying their lunch break in the library.

"Jisung's soccer practice." Jinah said to him with a smile.

"No way." Renjun responded, opening a book.

"Please, he wanted me to come support him as his big sister and you know I can't say no to him." Jinah said to him.

"Absolutely not." Renjun said, causing his friend to pout.

"Come on, I'm the Vice-President of your club, you're supposed to support me. Plus you love studying and reading outside." Jinah said to him, causing him to look up from his book. Renjun sighed deeply.

"Fine."

...

Haewon smiled brightly as she saw the large group of girls gathered on the field. She held her speaker in her hand as she walked towards the group with the senior cheerleaders.

She was wearing a tight white t-shirt tucked into her black sports shorts and white cheer shoes. Her hair was slicked back into a pony tail.

"This is a great start, look at that turnout." One of the seniors exclaimed, grabbing onto Haewon's arm.

"Yeah it is. Let's get this started." Haewon said as she rested her speaker on the bleachers. She suddenly heard someone call her name. She looked up to see Jeno and Jaemin sitting at the top, doing their homework. They gave her a small wave. She waved back before turning to the girls.

"Hi everyone, welcome to the first practice of the year. I'm Haewon, the Captain for this year. Let's do a quick warm up and get started on practicing our skills." Haewon announced, getting a round of applause in response. She began playing music on her speaker.

"Ready? 5, 6, 7, 8!"

...

"Why is it so loud today." Renjun mumbled as the two of them got to field. Jinah simply laughed.

"It's because the cheerleaders are out here too." Jinah told him, pointing to the large group of girls sharing the field with Jisung's soccer team. They had found the source of loud music. They made their way up the bleachers, sitting at the top.

"Hey, look. It's Haewon." Jinah said, looking towards the cheerleaders. Renjun looked up to see Haewon leading the group for some warm ups. A small smile spread across his face as he watched her movements.

"Where's Jisung? Aren't we here because of him?" Renjun said, returning his attention to his notebook.

"Yeah, they're coming out now." Jinah said as the soccer team began taking their spots on the field.

...

Chenle went to the field to see Jinah and Renjun on one side of the bleachers and Jeno and Jaemin on the other side. Who am I supposed to sit with now. The young Chinese boy thought to himself. He was friends with Renjun as they both studied Chinese together, and Jinah was Jisung's older sister. On the other hand, Jeno and Jaemin were both athletes and they always sat together at lunch and cheered each other on during practices. As he stared at the pairs from the bottom of the bleachers, an idea popped into his head.

"Hyungs, noona, let's sit together!" He yelled at both groups telling them to sit in the middle. Haewon and the soccer team coach gave him a look for distracting their practices but shook it off to continue.

Renjun and Jinah exchanged looks before reluctantly following the young boy's orders. The same occured between Jaemin and Jeno. They stared at the boy as he climbed up the bleachers.

"I couldn't decide who to sit with so I made you guys sit together." Chenle said with a bright smile. Renjun scoffed.

"You didn't have to sit with me." Renjun said, continuing to work on his homework.

"I didn't want to sit with you, I wanted to sit with noona." Chenle lied earning a warm smile from Jinah. Jeno and Jaemin laughed softly at the young boy.

"Jisung's doing well." Jaemin pointed out. Jinah nodded.

"He's been practicing a lot at home. He hopes that if he does well this year, he can become captain next year." Jinah told them.

"If he works hard, I'm sure he can do it." Jeno said, looking at his homework. His eyebrows wrinkled from the hard question in front of him.

"Jaemin, did you do number 14 yet? It's hard." Jeno asked his friend. Jaemin shook his head.

"What is it, maybe I can try to answer it." Jaemin asked him.

"What is the first law of thermodynamics?" Jeno said. Jaemin shrugged his shoulders.

"You're on your own for that one, dude." Jaemin replied.

"Energy cannot be created nor destroyed." Renjun suddenly said, surprising the group. They looked over at him, but his eyes were still glued to his notebook, writing down answers. He felt their stares so he put down his pencil and looked up.

"That's the answer to the question. Energy cannot be created or destroyed is the first law of thermodynamics." He said to to them before continuing his work.

———————————————————————————

Renjun is a beautiful angel on earth :)